NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

I'm really angry!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: I'm really angry!! Reply with quote

It's been a horrible last couple of days at work, all thanks to one manager who I honestly think has nothing else better to do but look for people to get into trouble.

She fired two people right on the spot that I really enjoyed working with. One was my friend Gena, who's worked with Wal-Mart forever, and the other one she got rid of, believe it or not, is the guy I've had a massive crush on for over a year! I was mad and upset that that happened to Gena, but I got angry when it happened to CJ! The reasons behind why both of them got canned make absolutely no sense, at least not to me. Gena was fired because she said the word "sex" to a customer (Who just happened to be one of her best friends), and CJ was fired for something he did WHEN HE WASN'T EVEN WORKING!! Supposedly he was sitting in his truck one night when he was on lunch, and his friend Vince came outside. Apparently these two have some kind of nightly ritual where when they see each other they give one another the finger as a form of greeting. CJ saw Vince, did that, and guess who just happened to be walking around the corner of the store where CJ's truck was parked? Yep, that's right! Mimi herself! (We all call her "Mimi" because she looks like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show.) She saw him do that, went back inside, and filled out a green termination slip for him because she thought it was aimed at her. He was called back in the office when he got back from lunch, and she told him he was fired because he flicked her off. He tried telling her that Vince did it, too, and it wasn't aimed at her it was aimed at him. She said she didn't care what Vince did, so Vince got off scott free and CJ got fired. He came back in a couple of days ago to see the store manager and see if she'd let him come back to work and he wanted to show her what happened on the security tape, but she wouldn't let him do that, stating that the tape was "confidential". He did have one manager write on his green slip that he was "strongly rehireable", though, meaning that in the future he might be able to reapply and get his job back again.

Gena told me she was also fired because she had a "bad attitude" by the same manager, and because she said a bad word. WTF? One, Gena was nice to everyone and loved everybody. She liked having fun and made it fun to be at work. Second of all, since when is "sex" a bad word? Most people know what sex is and what the primary purposes of it are. She could have said a much worse four-letter word that means the same thing.

In CJ's case, I'm still trying to figure out how he can be fired for something he did when he wasn't even on the clock, and I don't understand why they won't let him argue his point and let him see the tape so he can show them what really happened. Furthermore, why didn't the other guy get fired? I'm not saying that I agree with what he did, because I don't, but was it grounds to fire him? No! If that's the worst thing he's ever done or will do they should consider themselves lucky. And as far as firing him for something he did when he wasn't working, that's like firing someone for something they did at home.

I think in both cases a verbal warning would've been sufficient, like a "Don't do it again" or something like that. They just lost two of the best employees they've probably ever had.

Mimi had it out for them, though, especially for CJ. (He didn't like her, either.) I want to know how it feels to be the most disliked manager in the store, because she is. Nobody likes her, and she doesn't like 99% of the associates from our store. She's a watchdog and will literally look for reasons to fire you. She uses her power for all the wrong reasons and most of us feel that she should be the one going, not Gena and CJ.

Boy, am I really going to miss seeing CJ! I'm going to miss that thick, curly dark blond hair, the freckles on the tip of his nose, those brown eyes that made me melt and sometimes turned me into a blubbering idiot whenever I saw him, and his smile and laugh. The one thing I'm really going to miss, though, is checkin' out that butt! Pleure If only he'd chosen me over his current girlfriend I could still see him every day! Pleure

Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Workplace Stalinism. You should probably potition and get this perseon fired.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is unfair. How is it she has such biased rights to those kinds of decisions? Is she that high in management or something Confused

Is there a way to make a formal complaint to her superiors about her behaviors, possibly someone her employees can go to to report her behavior? How is she with customers? If she has marginal to poor customer service, that would be enough grounds to report her to say the very least, plus the violations of her authority to add to that.

I'm sorry you have such a bad seed for a manager at you work. Those are the ones that usually screw over their companies, not just their employees. Pfff

Good luck to you and those who had to suffer her wrath. Cool
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well things were a little better today and I'm starting to feel a little better, but I'm still pretty mad about all of this.

I thought I was going to be next in line this morning. It was about 8 or 8:30, and I was working at the self checkouts. Our store is pretty much dead up until about 10 AM, so I cleaned all five of my registers and stocked them with bags when I first opened them up. Well, sometime right around 8 or 8:30, I'm just standing in one of the open lanes, my hands folded together, waiting for a customer. There was nothing else for me to do. Here she comes. She stopped at the end of the aisle where I was and motioned for me to come to her. The whole time I'm thinking "No, I don't want to. I'm scared!" and "What did I do? I didn't do anything wrong, I swear! I was standing here the whole time like this!" My heart was going almost 100 miles an hour and felt like it was going to jump out of my chest because it was beating so hard. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack! All I kept thinking about was standing in line at the Unemployment Office and where I could go to look for a new job. I got up to her, and she pointed to a shelf full of Wet Wipes in plastic containers and said "Do me a favor and move the ones on the bottom shelf to the top shelf so we can fill this in and make it look fuller," and then she walked away! I almost collapsed! My heart started slowing back down again, my breathing returned to normal, and I was exhausted just from all that. Why didn't she just come out and say what she wanted? I think she gets some sort of perverse pleasure out of watching people nearly die because they're scared to death of what she's going to do. It took a good hour before my heartbeat and breathing were back to normal. I really could've used a paper bag to breath in!

This is the third or fourth time she's done that to me, and I really don't enjoy it. It's sad that you have to feel that way about people, too.

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wal-Mart has to be the worst place to work. Seriously, I'd expect no less idiocy from a store like that.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a nice place to work... Embarassé

I hope she won't fire you one day Embarassé

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got "coached" tonight because I told a couple of employees and a few so-called "customers" (The "customers" happened to be my sisters and one of my brother-in-laws.) about the death of a coworker. (See [url=http://superyo.nuxit.net/nickdisk/just_found_out_some_sad_news-2037.htm]/here.] Apparently several complaints were made about me from other cashiers because they said what I was doing was "Tacky". I'd like to know how, because all I said was I was sad to hear that she was no longer with us and she'll be missed. I also said that it came as quite a shock to everyone.

I really don't see how I said anything that was wrong. My supervisor told me that her death was "personal" information and we shouldn't even be talking about it at work. But guess how all of us found out about it? Yep, last night when we were at work! Also, her obituary will more than likely be in the newspaper, so tell me how that's supposed to be private? I was told that I was violating a policy about bringing up issues that were non-work related. I said I never meant to cause any harm by what I said, I was just sorry she was gone and I was unaware that there was such a policy. I asked to see a written copy of it, and her answer was "Well, it's all in the way it's worded in the handbook. It's more of an 'unwritten' policy." Yeah, whatever. All I said was "A coworker of mine who was also a friend died yesterday and she'll be missed."

Strangely enough, this one supervisor is the same one I always manage to get in trouble with. It's like she waits to find a fault with something I do, then pounces on me for it. I never have any problems with anyone else but her.

That was just a jump start to great next hour/hour and a half. I went to break after speaking with her, and as I was heading back to the break room a fellow associate stopped me and basically told me that she and several others were talking about me behind my back the other day. They all made the comment that I was fat. It took a lot for me to just smile and walk away from that, but inside I was hurting. I know I'm overweight by about 50 lbs. and I'm trying very hard to lose that 50 lbs., but I still didn't need to hear that and I'm glad that I was the only one in that room when I walked in there because I just sat down at a table, put my head down and just cried for about 10 minutes. I try not to take stuff to heart, but I have a really hard time with it sometimes. Whoever said "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me" was wrong. Words certainly can and do hurt people. They've destroyed whole nations, damaged relationships (both romantic and friends), torn apart families and they destroy reputations and self images. It kind of makes me want to know what else is being said about me when I'm not around. I actually wish she wouldn't have told me and just kept her comments to herself. I'm self-conscious enough as it is, sometimes wishing I was prettier, thinner, smarter, etc. In the words of Thumper from Bambi "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all." The funny thing is this lady wasn't in much of a position to say anything to me. She's bigger than I am!

I have the next two days off and don't have to go back until Wednesday afternoon, so I'm going to try and forget this whole mess and put it behind me. My big mouth got me in trouble, and someone else's big mouth hurt my feelings. The tongue is evil. (Speaking of evil, and this is completely off-topic, but am I the only one who has ever noticed that the word "evil" is in the word "devil"?)

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling better now. Sourire

I really have to learn to just not take things so seriously. I get in trouble for something and I always think it's worse than what it really is. (Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.) I have this knack of being able to get myself in trouble without even trying.

I also got on the scale this morning and found out I lost another five pounds! Très content That definitely made me feel better about myself! Très content

Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that fellow associate who told you that others are talking behind your back didn't make it up? In any event, it's awful how mean people can be.

Congrats on your continued weight loss BHC!! Bravo
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you feel better now Sourire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: