NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Is it just me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Is it just me? Reply with quote

Please tell me that I'm not the only person who seems to find their self in the constant trap of finding a product they like, only to have that product taken away from them.

It seems like every time I find something I like and become a loyal customer to that particular brand or item, it gets taken away from me. For example, Herbal Essences hair products. Yes, they still make them, but now Clairol's gone and changed the whole line to all this new stuff and I don't like it. I want the originals back, like the Rose Hip, Chamomile and Passion Flower, and the Fruit Fusions stuff. This used to be the only stuff I used on my hair. Now they've gone and messed it all up by discontinuing the originals and introducing all new stuff, which isn't even close to the same. Luckily for me, I discovered a whole shipment of the original stuff at my local Big Lots store due to a closeout, and I was able to buy enough shampoo and conditioner to last me for the next two years. I've even gone so far as to look for the generics of it when I go to a store, in hopes that I'll find somewhere that at least sells those so I can buy them instead. What really burns me up is about a month ago I found the Family Dollar generic versions when I was at Family Dollar picking up my health and beauty items and some other toiletries (I always shop there for that kind of stuff because they're usually cheaper than everyone else, and the stuff works just as good.), and I went back in there last week and guess what: They don't have them anymore! Fou It's all been replaced with their generic versions of the new stuff! I looked it up online to see why Clairol discontinued the old line, and they said it was because it wasn't selling good. Gimme a break! Pfff I know of at least 20 other people who, like me, used the stuff religiously. That was just an excuse to not sell it anymore.

Anyway, my latest example of this happened today. After work, I drove over to Arby's to pick up a Roast Beef Sandwich for dinner. They had these things called Cheesecake Bites that were just awesome. I'd been craving those things all day, so that's one of the reasons I decided to go to Arby's. So when I pulled up to the speaker box at the drive-thru to order and said I wanted an order of Cheesecake Bites, guess what? "I'm sorry, we don't have those!" Fou GAH!! Then, to top it all off, I wanted cheddar cheese and bacon added to my sandwich. "We're out of bacon!" Fou I seriously felt like slamming my head against the steering wheel! (Which probably wouldn't have been a good idea, since aside from the horn blaring, the airbag would've inflated. Rire ) OK, I can understand the Cheesecake Bites being a limited time thing, but bacon's not a limited time item! It was so simple: A plain Roast Beef Sandwich with a squirt of cheese and three or four pieces of bacon.

I swear anytime a restaurant brings out a new item that I like, it never stays. McDonald's has done this, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Arby's, etc. If I go in and order it and like it, I might as well consider it to be the first and last time I eat it, because next time I go there it's gone. I've actually left those places before because they got rid of the one thing I wanted to eat.

OK, I'm done ranting now. Sourire But darn it, will there ever be justice for the American Consumer? Rire

Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi hi hi Tire la langue

Yeah I guess that happens to most of us too Tire la langue

There another exemple with food : the "new receipe !". You taste it and you notice the old one was better :-|

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that, too. "New recipe! Great new taste!" usually equals "The old one was better, so don't waste your time with the new one."

It also makes me mad that they're doing stuff like laundry detergent in the smaller bottles with the "2x" concentrated formula. Yes, it might save more plastic from ending up in a landfill somewhere, and I can see the pros of it, but why get rid of the other stuff? I used to buy a bottle of detergent and I could use it for almost three months before I needed to buy more when it was in bigger bottles; now I have to buy the 2x stuff because that's all they sell any more, and I go through at least a bottle a month. So tell me again how that's supposed to save plastic and save me money, because I don't understand how that works.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arghh!! I tried to post and it didn't work. Oh well, I'll try again.

Anyway, BHC, the idea is that you're meant to use half the amount each time because it's got less water in it to thin it out.

But yeah, that happens to me all the time. For example, not so long ago I found peanut flips in Lidl. After a few weeks, they were already discontinued! Triste

A few weeks ago, I was in the Cadbury Outlet near me, and I saw a fridge full of Snapple. Iced Tea is hard to get a hold of here, apart from the outrageously expensive Lipton stuff, which they also changed the recipe for. When I got to the fridge, I learned that Snapple is only a lemonade brand over here for some reason Embarassť

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens to me all the time, only with TV shows. Everytime I get hooked on some new show they cancel it. That is why I hardly watch TV shows anymore. They cancel everything!

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Lidls always do that, bearbear Triste

Rire @ Marching to Mars... so true Rire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have that problem with shows on TV. My favorite is the one where they show a show for three or four episodes, then it's inexplicably taken off the air. This usually happens when the show starts to get really interesting, like when a character dies or something like that.

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
I also have that problem with shows on TV. My favorite is the one where they show a show for three or four episodes, then it's inexplicably taken off the air. This usually happens when the show starts to get really interesting, like when a character dies or something like that.

Yeah, that happened to me last summer. I was always sure to tune in on ABC at 7 i think it was to watch a show called "Traveler". It's one of the best shows i've seen on tv up there w/ The Twilight Zone and The White Shadow, but of course after about 7 episodes, they cancel it. Embarassť Haven't really tried to watch any thing else on tv since then, most of it's reality crap anyways.. Prison Break is pretty good though.
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same happens to me too. It's kinda embarassing, but I really loved the show Everwood. It was on in the daytime all summer, and at a cliffhanger they took it off the air, even though there were still episodes that aired already in the US to be shown. Eventually they burned off the episodes in the early morning. At least I got to see them I suppose.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
A few weeks ago, I was in the Cadbury Outlet near me, and I saw a fridge full of Snapple. Iced Tea is hard to get a hold of here, apart from the outrageously expensive Lipton stuff, which they also changed the recipe for. When I got to the fridge, I learned that Snapple is only a lemonade brand over here for some reason Embarassť

It's not just a lemonade brand over here (if you meant here as in Britian). I've had Fruit Punch, Mango and Iced Tea Snapple (not that good). God knows why they're only in random shops over here - but maybe one day they'll become in demand, like Oreos are starting to be now.

What's a Cadbury Outlet?!

bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're shops that sell factory seconds and big bags of all the Cadbury brand stuff. It's not that great value Embarassť

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
. . .But yeah, that happens to me all the time. For example, not so long ago I found peanut flips in Lidl. After a few weeks, they were already discontinued!

Aldi over here likes to do that, too. Or they'll put something on sale that's a "Special Purchase" for a couple of weeks to two months, get you hooked on it, then take it away. Hum... I wouldn't have a problem with that if the stuff was stuff you could find anywhere, but at least 99% of it is stuff that no other store carries or is extremely difficult to find.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: