RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Queen vs Queen + Paul Rodgers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Queen vs Queen + Paul Rodgers Reply with quote

Any fans of that great British band here? How do you like the newest incarnation of the group, sans John Deacon at the bass and with Paul Rodgers as lead vocals, taking the place of the late Freddie Mercury?

Opinions, please. Cool
encino
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Queen vs Queen + Paul Rodgers Reply with quote

Mike2000 wrote:
Any fans of that great British band here? How do you like the newest incarnation of the group, sans John Deacon at the bass and with Paul Rodgers as lead vocals, taking the place of the late Freddie Mercury?

Opinions, please. Cool

I didn't even know they were still together or reunited, ha, but yeah I'm a fan. I'll have to check it out!
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I liked the "new" Queen. Of course not the same as before, but thys guy Rodgers does not try to imitate Freddie Mercury, and that's a start.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard the new queen yet. Triste

Can you tell us some good song titles ? Sourire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They play mostly songs written by the surviving members of Queen, with a couple of mandatory exceptions like "bohemian rhapsody" (they play the video of Freddie Mercury's last live performance of that song), "We will rock you / we are the champions" (no Queen concert would be complete without them) and a very nice song called "Love of my life". Also some covers to songs like "Can't get enough of your love" and "All right now".

They are stilled called "Queen", but they now add a "+ Paul Rodgers" to the album title. As far as I know, there is a live recording made out of a couple of their concerts in Sheffield, called "Return of the champions". Good stuff.

Superyo, in case you're interested, they're having a European tour this year. Clin d'oeil http://www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com/ They'll be in Paris september 24.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: