NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Looking for Interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you interested?
Yes.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, but only on said conditions...(please state)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pudding (Neutral answer)
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Looking for Interest Reply with quote

This is placed here at lack of a better place to put it (It doesn't have a fic in it, so to speak.) Feel free to move it. Sourire

I am thinking of a story set in an alternate Animorphs (that is the books, not the TV). Basically, the first Yeerk pool doesn't get destroyed, North America falls under thier control, and the planet falls into war between Yeerk and human.

The premise would be on my fictional island I invented (the Nicklands, due to the presence of Nicktoons) where it would centre on the defense of said islands, combining my Nicktoon fandom, intrest in modern warfare and Animorphs into one.

However, the are three problems:

1) My own laziness.
2) Uncertainity of the intrest such a fic would generate.
3) How to present such a story.

This is basically a thread to help advise, show interest, or call me a raving lunatic. All responces welcome.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not alone. I'm in a rut myself. And I thought of talking about that on this forum myself but decided against it.

I've thought of writing fanfics, I think, for this forum and another forum but my school life has caused me to be less motivated to do so (thank goodness the semester is almost over.

It's kind of my fault though. I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with the "Here and Nows" in my life along with past issues and I feel like I've fallen way behind in my life.

But I cannot write any fanfics because for one, I don't know what to write about, and I'm too busy to think about anything, and I don't know what to write that will sound good and interesting to my readers.

I want to write more Fairly Odd Parents fanfics but I just don't know what to write about and I don't feel like writing any at this time until I get some things resolved.

I'm gonna have to make this less about myself and more about you now.

By the way, let's drop the "raving lunatic" thing, I don't know if I know what that means but I think it sounds like a put-down. I for one wouldn't call you a "raving lunatic" or anything like that, I think you write good stories.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll think of something. Nickland sounds like a nice idea. I'm not real big on warfare though (that's just me).

That's about all I can think of.
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would read it. I love writing fanfics but it seems no one ever reads them. Never leaves feedback anyways, but sure I would love to see this story.
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebekah 10 wrote:
I would read it. I love writing fanfics but it seems no one ever reads them. Never leaves feedback anyways, but sure I would love to see this story.

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe I'll go look at one of your fanfics and leave feedback.

I don't like to leave threads and not get any feedback (I mean sometimes that's just the way it is) but it doesn't have to be that way.
Cpt_Zim83
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds neat. Go ahead and write it.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Rebekah said, the problem with fics is that they are not always read Hum...

Why ? 'cause people don't like fics or the don't like what's it's talking about...

But when you do something like that you do it for your own pleasure or the reader's one Sourire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: