RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

"Fairly Odd Baby" Speculation & Discussion Thr
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snick54

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I'm not interested. The fairly oddparents has gone way downhill for me and the last time I liked it was in 2004.
RainbowStitches

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True though... FOP has been going down and it's a shame that episodes have really lost their touch... still, I did like the first five minutes of it, though you kinda know they'd have to get rid of the baby at the end of the special, since if they kept it, the show would most likely jump the shark (Completely, technically) Plus, somehow the cliche idea of it being 'sacrificed' or given to another pair of parents or growing up or whatnot seems more likely... I just can't imagine the baby being a permanent member of the cast.

LiveJournal-x-DeviantART-x-MySpace-x-YouTube

Stitches <3

"Is It My Body" by Emilie Autumn... awesome song <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read all the replies, mostly because like Timmy, who's the best cartoon character in the world to me, my attention span is short.

So I'm going to go ahead and come out with it.

I really hope that Cosmo isn't the one having the baby and that Wanda is. Fairly Oddparents as of 2006 has been my most favorite cartoon, and one of my favorites since 2002, and I am hoping that this movie doesn't strain that.

It will be extremily awkward if Cosmo was the one pregnant and having the baby. If that happens, it's probably going to be a replay of that movie "Junior", that movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger, to me.

And to me, male pregnancy is a violation of natural laws. I hope that Wanda is the one who's going to have the baby.

In some past fanfics I've written, and that I'm planning on rewriting some day, Wanda has babies. Back in June 2002 I wrote a fanfic of Cosmo and Wanda having a son named Tommy (a kid who looks remarkably like Timmy, only with green eyes and red hair and a Fairy.)

A year later thanks to Fairly Odd Child, one of my favorite members on this board, I wrote a fanfic of them having a daughter namded Fanda (Fairly Odd Child's character).

I am planning on rewriting both of those fics and writing a new one, Cosmo and Wanda having one more son that way they have three children. Yes despite the movie, I am not changing my mind about creating, and recreating those fics.

But in all those fanfics, Wanda is the one having the babies. The thought of Cosmo having a baby is Blehhhh!

I will still watch the movie though and I'm going to see what happens.

I too am wondering about how Cosmo is the last Fairy baby to ever be born. I thought he was older than Wanda. Plus in that episode where Timmy finds out he's a star to the Fairys, there are some Fairy Children. The Fairy Little Girl is the one that goes "What's with the bald kid and the kid with the braces?" if I remember correctly.

Plus I'm wondering too if the baby is a Girl, or a Boy that looks like a Girl. And I hate to admit this but I too hope that that's a boy. I just do. Could be, who knows. When I was a baby, I looked like a girl, mostly because of my hair being long up until I was about 3 and a half years old.

I also wonder what the baby will look like when s/he grows out of being a baby and becomes a toddler, big kid, teen, or adult.

Well that's all I gotta say.
RainbowStitches

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it's official...

I saw an advertisement on Valentine's Day morning, stating how a man being pregnant could be beautiful or something of that nature, with Cosmo with a preggo stomach, twirling around in a field of flowers. o___o

... I had difficulty deciding on whether to laugh or be disturbed.

Stitches <3

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if Cosmo is the one having the baby, it's going to be very hard to get over. But I will accept it eventually. But I'll never look at Cosmo the same way I have looked at him. Maybe not the rest of the Fairies.

It does make me think how Cosmo was born now. Maybe Fairy Bodies function differently than human bodies. Or maybe Cosmo was just born crooked.

I'll stop now because I don't want to sound inappropriate.

I won't be able to watch the movie on it's first showing though because I'm going to be at a meeting when it shows. So I'll have to catch it another time.

But we'll find out soon enough.
RainbowStitches

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. ]: It's something that I'll have difficulty getting over, as well as accepting. Not to mention the extreme disappointment crossing through me, of course.

Stitches <3

Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I still kinda cringe when I see that. I mean men don't have babies!!!!!!! but I was on another board and someone did mention that maybe it won't be like everyone is thinking. Like it won't be a normal birth maybe the baby kinda just poofs into the world. You know like he doesn't actually have it but one minute baby isn't there and the next it is. Some people even thought that the hospital scene Cosmo didn't look preggo at all like something else was going on there. That kinda makes me feel a little bit better but it is just so creepy to see him preggo. Like I said sometime back maybe Wanda is preggo and then does something to Cosmo to make him that way. huh Surpris I really hope it is nickelodeon playing with everyone's minds, or it won't be a normal birth. I'm actually leaning more towards that theory.
RainbowStitches

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kinda wishing there'd be a valid explanation as to why the baby got poofed into Cosmo's stomach. |: I mean, why would he have a uterus if he's depicted as a male in the first place? XD *shot*

... This makes me yearn to go back to the old episodes where everything was totally normal and alot less drug induced again. *shot*

... Okay, bad examples, but you get the idea. XD;; *brick'd*

Okay, I'm done. >: But basically I miss the old episodes. In the old episodes, I doubt anything like this would EVER happen. o___O *sighs* But I guess, whether we like it or not, this will most likely give them the most ratings, due to the controversy or idea of them having a kid itself. Take your pick.

Stitches <3

tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hereby declare this movie non-canon in my mind.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Zimfan101
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 words. It's a Cartoon! Anything can happen in a cartoon. If it wasn't a cartoon, then the show wouldn't exist considering there is no Fairy Godparents. FOP jumped the shark the day it did Jimmy Timmy Power Hour, and will most likely not move past this season.

Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie was actually pretty good to me. Could of been longer since their was so much they squeezed into an hour but it was really great. i still think the baby is a girl ya they said boy but it has purple eye's and wears purple. What boy wears purple. Anywho it was really funny. i hope the baby will be in the new episodes it is so sad how Jorgen wanted to take him from them. Triste

it was pretty funny watching Cosmo trying to have a baby though. I'm glad they explained it though I was like oh yikes but I guess it isn't to bad just strange but that's the fairly odd parents for you. I guess they aren't human after all. Rire
RainbowStitches

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I was actually quite impressed. I could go on, but in short, it actually seems like the old FOP flare has returned.

Stitches <3

avaitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, thought I should change the title to smoething more appropriate title.

Anyway, I wasn't the least bit impressed. Not a funny gag in sight. At least the heart's (sort of) back, and I'm curious to learn more about Poof.

I'll tune into the next few episodes with little to no expectatons.
William Pearson
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when they're going to show the movie again.

I caught the last 15 minutes of it last night and then I saw it again but at the part when Cosmo (still shuttering) has the baby. I fell asleep through the rest of it after taking Nyquil because I had a headache.

I wish Wanda had the baby. It would have made a lot more sense and would have looked a lot better.

By the way, as I and some people have suspected, Cosmo and Wanda's baby is a boy. Named Poof? I kind of had a feeling that despite being in pink and looking like a girl that that Fairy was a boy. YAAAY.
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being American, I couldn't see it. I just hope it wasn't a total travesty.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: