NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Ranting!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Ranting!!! Reply with quote

Whilst watching Rocko just now, I saw a KFC ad. It made me think about recently looking for a sandwich in various shops to eat, but I hate mayonnaise and am not eating much meat products lately and I don't particularly want fish either. Feu I'm annoyed because literally most or all sandwiches have mayonnaise of some sort apart from probably chicken or egg. I did manage to eventually find a plain cheese and tomato sandwich in one shop. It just makes me feel sorry for allergy sufferers, because it's hard for them to find anything. I worked in a place where there was two individuals who suffered from both egg and nut allergies and they were very limited on what they ate and we had to read through everything they ate to make sure it didn't have something hidden. Also some there was other names that were linked to nuts or eggs. I was also surprised how many items contained those items. We also couldn't eat certain things when they were in and restrict what others ate.

A lot of you are probably aware of what I just mentioned, but I just thought I'd bring this up for the one's who aren't just to be aware. Also I just thought I'd have a rant and give my thoughts.

I still don't think companies are aware enough!!

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate mayonnaise too! I also hate butter/margarine, so that also limits sandwich options. So, basically, I eat dry sandwiches Tire la langue

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Hold the mayo Reply with quote

I too have a pathological dislike for mayonnaise. I will not touch any food prepared with it, and the sight of the stuff being applied or eaten convulses me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate all condiments... Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cooked a Krabby Patty once with mayo.

Not bad, not bad.
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate mayonnaise too!!! boo! i like putting mustard on my sandwiches, they're good that way. Miracle whip isn't bad either, but i really enjoy just mustard.
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Miracle Whip? Sounds like an ice-cream topping.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. it's just like a sandwich spread type thing, which i guess you probably figured. looks kinda like mayonnaise but tastes loads better imo.
pink fairy princess
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I practice safe eating. I always use condiments wisely Clin d'oeil Rire a plaoin mayo sammitch is gr8 with a lil sugar Sourire

When you can liveforever what do you laugh at?
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
What is Miracle Whip? Sounds like an ice-cream topping.

Do you have a Morrisons near you? I saw some in my local Morrisons. I don't mind Miracle Whip, I prefer it to Mayo. For a time I forgot what Miracle Whip was and confused it with Marshmallow Fluff (don't ask) I hadn't had it for years.

Just out of interest does anyone here have any allergies or intolerances? I have recently become intolerant to mushrooms, which I use to love. I am also intolerant to eating egg whites (I've discovered through trial and error). A while ago I use to have a problem with milk, but I seem to have outgrown it now.

The board waffler!!
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrisons only recently came to Scotland, but there aren't many near me.
I love Marshmallow Fluff! I tired some with peanut butter and it was... salty and sweet. Bleugh!
Chocolate never seems to agree with me - it's probably to do with full-fat milk, which I don't drink or use in cooking so I'm not used to it.

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh Fluffer Nutters, I love them. I have recently discovered a brand of peanut butter (from my local US Airbase) that has honey mixed with it. Funny thing though is that I'm not keen on peanut butter, but I love peanut butter and Reeces Cups, strange.

Added to my list of things that don't like/dissagree with me; olive oil and oily/greasy foods, vinegar (I'm not overly keen on it, particularly on chips), recently spicy foods that I use to love especially hot i.e. vindaloo curries.

The board waffler!!
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eww - Reese Cups!
I asked for salad without a dressing when I was in New York and the waitress looked at me like I was insane. Embarassé
She eventually made me take one.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i was like 12 i wanted to be as healthy as possible so i stopped seasoning my food. i'd basically eat plain salad with no dressing, plain potatoes with no salt/pepper/butter and all that on it, etc. it's surprising how do-able it actually was. but one day i decided to just season my food "just once" and it hasn't been the same since, lol. i'm practically addicted to salt now! Surpris

i'm allergic to grass! not that i eat it or anything, but it makes me itchy when i sit on it.
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to add saly until I my nursery job, where I used to eat some of the food if there was any left. Being a nursery that took children/babies from about 8 weeks they were cooking meals for children from the weening stage. Anyway the requirements were that no salt or sugar was ever added. Herbs were though. Having eaten some of the dishes, I got used to the no added salt/sugar flavours. Now I find salt particularly over powering, but I still add a small amount of sugar now and then. I do have to admit I did put white pepper on my food today, which I havent done in ages. One thing I can't stand is the taste of butter and I hate it when I eat in a cafe or get i.e. takeaway toast and they use butter and not margerine, or I get a funny or dirty look for example in McDonalds when I ask for margerine for my pancakes instead of butter. On the subject of added salt I read somewhere about salt manufacturers like Walkers had apparently cut the added salt and fat. They also looked at various brands and all the ones they'd looked at had more than the RDA of salt and fat.

Getting away from food. Our town has apparently been in the running for town in bloom contest or something to that effect. Our Borough council (we have two) thought it would be nice and attractive to put hanging baskets along our main town centre high street. Don't get me wrong they do look quite nice and attractive, but did they not take into consideration the effects it might cause some people. I mean walking through town one day I barely got through for the itchy eyes, sneezing, etc. I succumbed to. Next time they decide something I do hope that they take people into consideration such as will it effect them!

The board waffler!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: