RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Nick Rewind or Nick@Nite

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr.vink_19
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Nick Rewind or Nick@Nite Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that this topic has been discussed before, but I thought I'd bring it up again, especially since the chance of a Nick Rewind Network now seems basically non-existent. Do you guys think it would be feasible to expand Nickelodeon to 24 hours, airing classic Nick programs during the late-night hours? Maybe to keep the ratings a little higher, they could expand current Nickelodeon programming to 11 pm or midnight and switch over to classic Nick programming at that time. With so many of Nickelodeon's sister networks expanding to 24-hours, I wonder why Nickelodeon itself hasn't considered it?

knoodelhed
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good questions all. A lot of Nick @ Nite content could "qualify" these days for movement to TV Land, and that would put plenty of room in the schedule. Having 24-hour Nick isn't unheard of in some other countries, and (particularly in this age of TiVo) would be good to have available for viewers in odd time zones like Hawaii, Guam, or Newfoundland.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have something like that down here, in Mexico, though I'm not sure if it's what you have in mind. Here, from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am or so, they are some really old stuff here: The Munsters, the Addams Family, Bewitched, Alf, Growing Pains...

... Not bad for guys like me who watched those shows during the late '70s or during the '80s; but something tells me the ratings are a tad different then than during the day. Even the commercials are different; no Spongebob ads at that hour (thank goodness!! XD )
avaitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just about all of the shows currently on Nick@Nite are already on DVD and before hand have been on syndication for years. So I don't think we'll really miss Full House so much if it goes and Hey Dude takes it's place.
bradclarke
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would want a nick rewind instead of nick at nite. but idk that would be like trying to get rid of nick jr, nick at nite has been there for ever.

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since they've announced the "split" of Noggin/The-N and they plan on getting rid of Nick GAS, here's how I think they should work:

Since Noggin is going to be all preschool shows and shows for younger kids, just make that a Nick JR. channel, like the one they have in the UK. They could move all of the Nick JR. programming to that channel, and from 5 AM to say, 8 PM, run regular Nick programming. Then, starting at 8 PM, Nick could air some of the older shows, the classics, until 5 AM. They could use the channel that would be airing TEENick and The-N shows to air all of the TEENick shows in their lineup, also.

I think this would be a little more feasible, but I doubt they'd do it.
snick54

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Nick Rewind for sure. I like N@N's current shows but they are all on other networks AND dvd. Most of Nick's classics are not anywhere to be seen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: