NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

How can we make this site more interesting?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rugrat
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: How can we make this site more interesting? Reply with quote

Not that it's not interesting, it's just that it's lost it's meaning, you know what I mean? I think we need to make a point to log on to here more often, just to make it better. We need some good ideas to keep people looking forward to coming back, because I know, for example, when they were doing the All Grown Up! Calendar, I kept checking back for that. We need to do more things like that to try to get more people to come. Any ideas or suggestions??
avaitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this as well. Noone seems to come to this section anymore. I could try starting discussions of certain Nick shows, both old and new. Any suggestions for a show to start off with?
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean a background graphic? If so I think it depends on the type of board and I'm not sure if that is possible here. I know with bbboy that is possible though.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Avaitor's idea. That structure was what attracted me to the old ND forum in the first place. I was a regular poster on the Rocket Power subforum back then, and browsed frequently some other old shows.

Hmm... I haven't been watching much of Nick as of late, so I'm not sure what kind of cartoons / live action shows they are airing now. But they are premiering some of the newer stuff here, like the Naked Brothers Band. maybe we could have a subforum for that show. Also a general forum about the classics, and perhaps something for the current blockbusters, though many of us older members probably aren't quite the biggest fans of them: Spongebob, Danny Phantom (don't know if it's still aired), Jimmy Neutron (same), Fairy Oddparents (same)...
avaitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, one current Nick show everyone seems to love on the forums is Avatar: The Last Airbender. Anyone here a fan of the show and want a discussion of it?
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, count me in. ^^
Megagents
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about making a video section like I did with my old Toonami forum? Here's what you do, first you make a video board, then you find some of your favorite Nick shows on youtube or wherever and use the embed code to put them in the board, but don't load it up just put in like 3, and have 3 new videos each week. I tried this with new anime episodes of Naruto and Bleach I found on youtube.
avaitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megagents wrote:
How about making a video section like I did with my old Toonami forum? Here's what you do, first you make a video board, then you find some of your favorite Nick shows on youtube or wherever and use the embed code to put them in the board, but don't load it up just put in like 3, and have 3 new videos each week. I tried this with new anime episodes of Naruto and Bleach I found on youtube.

Because we don't want to be sued. And I'll start an Avatar discussion tomorrow. I don't really watch the show, so I don't know what to start it off with. If any fans of it want to, they can start a talkback, and I encourage fans of other series to do so for other shows, both old and new.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: How can we make this site more interesting? Reply with quote

Rugrat wrote:
(...) for example, when they were doing the All Grown Up! Calendar (...)

Making a calendar is a huge job Hum... and few people wants to make calendar Clin d'oeil (and I'm not even sure of lot of people used them Tire la langue )

But I agree that we need to animate this place a little more Sourire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could also bring back the fanfic / fanart section, remember? It was a very cool place to visit, with all the drawings and stories members made about their favorite Nick shows.
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah probably like a sub-board or something. Fair enough we have the games/fanfic board, but I guess another fanfic (Nick related) sub board wouldn't hurt. Maybe contests like caption contests, fanart contests, creation contests such as stories/pictures could be an idea or something (obviously no major prizes) where the winner say gets their name on a hall of fame or winners thread or and they get a certificate PMed to them which they can save and print.

As for videos, sorry nothing that could get anyone especially the admin in trouble due to copywrite issues. Also with the embedding, some Youtube videos have the embedding code disabled, usually by the networks (those who put their videos up, but I'm not going into the Youtube/Network discussion again).

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Megagents
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Because we don't want to be sued.

By who? Confused
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly by Viacom and / or the owners of the copyright. See, it has happened before: the admins once received a Cease and Desist letter from them, asking them to remove links to copyrighted material belonging to them from the forum. It's the same that happened recently with Youtube. So we've been careful not to have links to any type of copyrighted stuff here.
nick43
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I don't post here a lot, I still visit everyday. My suggestions would be to make some new boards (sub-boards, etc.), new graphics, color, more "Nick" related stuff, and so on. I think this place could be really popular if it was more like the old NickDisk. :)
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... so...

yeah, that's true that the fan art section disapeared (when ? why ? how ? can't remember) I think maybe we could add one...

Another new board => no ! (Nuxit won't like that at all...)

A category with a special Nick template ? Using phpBB 2, it's rather hard to set up this. I need to made a lot of changes to the source codes / database and I also need to create a template...

When phpBB 3 will reach the final version AND if Nuxit agree (phpBB 3 is quite CPU / bandwidth intensive) maybe this could be possible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: