FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

The Simpsons Movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
avaitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marching to Mars wrote:
I saw it last night. I had mixed feelings. The first half I though was gold, but the later half wasn't as funny when they were concentrating too hard on the story. Good, but not great IMO. Honestly, I've seen better episodes.

Baiscally summed up my review for me.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww Triste what a shame you didn't like it that much Triste

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my most favourite bits was when there was a wanted sign of the Simpsons fam and then Bart drew on it and then that fam appeared! Très content

Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oookey, I was just literally dragged to see it yesterday (beware parents, today's kids can be very persuasive!! Rire )

... Anyway, I have to say that the movie is good, though I have to agree with something Homer says at the very beginning, when he boos that Itchy and Scratchy flic and says something along the lines of "...I don't understand why people pay to see something that's free on TV..."

I'll risk being stoned and scuffed by other forum members, but to me the movie was nothing but an over-extended episode, with a plot that could have been solved in less than one hour. Sure, it has some interesting, even funny gags, but it also has some aspects that really require some explaining, particularly when you see the movie with the kids. No wonder it got a PG-13 rating; too bad it was rated very mildly in Mexico. Summing it up:

1) It is very sexist! "You're a girl, Lisa; you have to hide your emotions" (or something to that effect); Her own mom telling the girl not to show her anger and frustration and not to express her feelings, and telling her to bottle them up instead "because she's a girl"; C'mon, when was the last time you saw a girl doing that??

2) Bart drinking alcohol, and getting drunk! Not to mention his constant disrespect to his father, which I understand is what people consider "normal" in this series.

3) The constant mockery of religion. Of course, I might be biased in this respect; I'm a Catholic, after all, though I'm not definitely what you might call a hardcore practitioner. Nevertheless, I still don't see anything wrong with a father who not only worries about the material well-being of his kids, but also wants them to be prepared spiritually for whatever comes.

4) Last, but not least, the "dare game" between Homer and Bart. I mean, yeah, that was the funniest part of the movie, but it also had a lot of dangerous situations I would be terrified to see imitated in real life: Homer making the boy climb to the antenna and then shake it to make him fall, Bart shooting at his father with his air gun, Homer daring him to skateboard naked around town... those gags are funny, I'm not saying the contrary, but are not definitely the kind of stuff a young kid should see unsupervised.

In short, it was an entertaining movie, but I certainly regret having watched it with my kid. In Mexico it is rated very mildly, and there are many issues in it that definitely are far beyond the comprehension of young kids. Some things that might be funny on screen are definitely wrong when imitated in real life, and as a parent that is my concern. So now, go ahead and shoot me. Tire la langue
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent review Mike.

PM in your inbox too.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike2000 wrote:
(...) I'll risk being stoned and scuffed by other forum members (...)

As long as it's objective (and I know you are ! Sourire ) there won't be any problem Très content

Mike2000 wrote:
(... )1) It is very sexist! "You're a girl, Lisa; you have to hide your emotions" (or something to that effect); Her own mom telling the girl not to show her anger and frustration and not to express her feelings, and telling her to bottle them up instead "because she's a girl"; C'mon, when was the last time you saw a girl doing that?? (...)

Yeah, I agree with what you say, this is just a huge stereotype, but I think this is funny Sourire And I'm sure lots of men think that women should just shut their mouthes...

Mike2000 wrote:
(...) 2) Bart drinking alcohol, and getting drunk! (...)

Yeah, that was a surprise Embarassé It was just like if Bart and Homer swapped their roles ! Surpris Homer the kid and Bart the adult... Surpris

Mike2000 wrote:
(...) 3) The constant mockery of religion. (...)

As usual in the Simpsons... I got a friend she's just like Ned huh C'mon ! We're in 2007, guys ! Sourire

Mike2000 wrote:
(...) Homer daring him to skateboard naked around town (...)

Was anyone in the the audience schoked in Mexico during the full nudity scene ? Sourire (btw, was it shown there anyways ?)

Mike2000 wrote:
(...) So now, go ahead and shoot me. Tire la langue

I won't, that was a good review Clin d'oeil Thanks for sharing it with us Sourire

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Thanks, Superyo. Sourire And no, nobody was shocked in the audience during the nude scene; on the contrary. But I would bet my right arm and say that most of the parents in the room would not be precisely laughing if they saw their kids skateboarding around town in their birthday suit, "because Bart did it and it was funny" Rire
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw it yesterday and it was so hilarious. Many shocking scenes Rire
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike2000 wrote:
(...) most of the parents in the room would not be precisely laughing if they saw their kids skateboarding around town in their birthday suit, "because Bart did it and it was funny" Rire

Don't be silly, I don't know any "normal" kids who would do that ! Rire

Thanks Rebekah 10 Très content Which scene you liked the most ? Sourire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my favorite part was when Homer said that thing at the very beginning of the movie in the theater. Rire
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah I remember Rire

Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My movie expirience was good, except a bloke next to me with a very throaty laugh and lots of things to laugh at.

As I loathe and despise Greenday, I liked it when they drowned.

It was a brilliant movie.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Cpt_Zim83
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommy_baby wrote:
My movie expirience was good, except a bloke next to me with a very throaty laugh and lots of things to laugh at.

As I loathe and despise Greenday, I liked it when they drowned.

It was a brilliant movie.

I agree. I really enjoyed it.
eliotolivar
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it last night. I had mixed feelings. The first half of the year, although I have gold, but after half-time, their stories have focused too hard, not as funny. Good, but not great, the IMO. To be honest, I have seen a better program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: