NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

The Sleep Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: The Sleep Thread Reply with quote

lately, I've had the weirdest sleep schedule, which has been going on for 2-3 weeks, starting when I did not get ANY sleep on one Sunday night, and my dad made me go to school that day, which made me take a rare nap that afternoon. And ever since then, it's been a habit. Here's how it works - On school nights, I end up staying up really, really late (like 2-3 am) and then waking up at 6:20 to go to school...get home and at around 4-5pm, I take a 2 hour nap. I know it's not the best thing for you, but I really can't get to sleep at night. Also adding in, I have been feeling fine at school. Anyone else have sleep-related stuff they'd like to share?
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i go to bed a bit late...i'm not really sure if i could fall asleep b4 12. i'm tired now but i dont' wanna go to bed. are you in high school? i never went to bed that late in high school...i remember i when i started going to bed at 10 in high school...i thought that was late then, that was probably my second year. then my junior year it was 11 and senior year was 12. i think my first year of college i went to bed at like 10:30 but that changed to 11 or 12. my second year in college was the only year i went to bed at 2 or later. now it's mostly somewhere between 12:30 and 1:30. i hardly ever take naps, i can't. anyway, i can't believe i wrote all that useless crap...i must be tired
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go to bed at about 10:30, and I get up to go to school at about 7:20. I'm one of those people who like 'early to bed, early to rise'.
Even at weekends I go to bed quite early, because I take FOREVER to get to sleep. My mind is too active at night.

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go to bed at midnight... then I woke up between 8 or 9... depending on what I have to do Tire la langue

When I feel really tired, I take a nap... a short one ! But when I do that I felt asleep immediately into a really deep sleep ! I wake up about 30 minutes later and I feel really good Sourire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to sleep around 11pm-12am, depending on what I want to watch on TV. Rire
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
I take FOREVER to get to sleep. My mind is too active at night.

same here, that's why i go to bed late, cuz then i'm tired and fall asleep almost right away lol
Huttonette

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep wanting to go to bed late because i'm such an i-net addict. I go to bed by 10. Sometimes during the weekends, I take little naps. When I wake up, I feel kinda sluggish but later feel sorta energized.
pink fairy princess
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welp when u guys figure it out I wish someone would tell me cos I go to sleep at 5-6 AM and dont get up till 11 so I never feel really good like my head feels weird and Im never fully awake either I'm sick of it!! *sigh*

When you can liveforever what do you laugh at?
knoodelhed
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pink fairy princess wrote:
I go to sleep at 5-6 AM and dont get up till 11

Woah! Dracula keeps better hours than you do. Surpris Try to get off of any caffeine in your diet. Have orange juice with your breakfast, and hot cocoa before bed. Sourire Try to get in bed by one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa...takes some drugs yo...

i mean like sleeping pills. course, you might wanna try other options first. like different kinds of foods or whatever that'll make you sleepy. sorry, i'm tired, so i can't think of anything lol.
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pink fairy princess wrote:
welp when u guys figure it out I wish someone would tell me cos I go to sleep at 5-6 AM and dont get up till 11 so I never feel really good like my head feels weird and Im never fully awake either I'm sick of it!! *sigh*

Is there anything distrancting you from going to bed, like TV or internet. If so, try to set limits to how much time you spend with those certain things, like "11PM - turnoff time".

If that's not the case, you should just not sleep for one night on the weekend (when you KNOW you don't have to do much that day), and when 8:30-9pm rolls around, you'd wish to be in bed, asleep. Then, wakeup at a reasonable time in the morning - aim to get about 9 hours of sleep, so your tired again when night falls. It has to constant, if you want to get out of the pattern.

Hope this helped. Sourire
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I tried to go for an all nighter...I was on Nickdisk posting all night and listening to music from the Windows Media guide (I hadn't heard of P2P file sharing yet)...I really got into Vertigo by U2. Same night I found the avatar you see to the left of this post Fier (along with the winged skull that is too big for an avatar here Feu) went to bed at my dad's house at about 10AM-ish (oddly enough that night I discovered P2P file sharing). This changed my sleep schedule around, I eventually began sleeping 11AM to 7PM, then it stretched to 5PM - 2AM, then it came back around to normal, then it was about 3AM - 12PM by the time school started...what a tiresome day that was... Embarassť

Last edited by Hihey9989 on Mon May 08, 2006 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aurora_rose
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're sleeping schedule got that messed up after one all nighter? Surpris dang...
RR_Raptor65
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same way, I'll stay up 24+ hours due to computer work or a new game, but when my sleep schedule gets messed up, I just go shooting. Theres a way to keep yourself awake all day, especially with the firearms I use. Tire la langue

Click here to see a list of all my currently released Dinosaur models
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to rely on sleep aids to get to sleep, mainly because of my bipoler. Chemical imbalances messed with my ability to sleep on my own.

There are nights when they work fine, take 'em at 10 and I'm out at 12 at the latest, nights where they hardly have an effect, and nights where I just forget to take them in a timely manner.

The computer is also a factor. It's in my room, so I can from it to bed in minutes flat. Sometimes the net can get overfascinating, and I spend time into the wee hours playing on it. Either that or there's a story plot that I get that won't go away until I type it up.

TV has played a big one in my erratic schedule lately as well. Who knew there was so much stuff on at 5AM in the moring? Half the time I'm looking up good days to tape eps of Teen Titans.

Throw in that one night when I had to tape something on Sci-Fi, and the madness is complete.
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: