Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Rosie O'Donnell officially hacked from "The View"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Rosie O'Donnell officially hacked from "The View" Reply with quote

Good riddance, she's an idiot. Cool

Rosie O'Donnell has fought her last fight at "The View." ABC said Friday she asked for, and received, an early exit from her contract at the daytime chatfest following her angry confrontation with co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Wednesday. She was due to leave in mid-June.

It ended a colorful eight-month tenure for O'Donnell that lifted the show's ratings but no doubt caused heartburn for show creator Barbara Walters. O'Donnell feuded with Donald Trump and frequently had snippy exchanges with the more conservative Hasselbeck.

O'Donnell said last month she would be leaving because she could not agree to a new contract with ABC executives.

"Rosie contributed to one of our most exciting and successful years at `The View,'" Walters said. "I am most appreciative. Our close and affectionate relationship will not change."

In a statement, O'Donnell said that "it's been an amazing year and I love all three women."

No one was feeling the love on Wednesday, when the argument with Hasselbeck began over O'Donnell's statement last week about the war: "655,000 Iraqi civilians have died. Who are the terrorists?"

Talk show critics accused O'Donnell of calling U.S. troops terrorists. She called Hasselbeck "cowardly" for not saying anything in response to the critics.

"Do not call me a coward, because No. 1, I sit here every single day, open my heart and tell people what I believe," Hasselbeck retorted, and their riveting exchange continued despite failed attempts by their co-hosts to cut to a commercial.

According to a New York Post report, O'Donnell's chief writer, Janette Barber, was allegedly led out of the building on Wednesday after she was caught drawing mustaches on photographs of Hasselbeck in "The View" studios. ABC executives didn't return repeated calls for questions on the incident Friday.

On Thursday O'Donnell had asked for a day off to celebrate her partner's birthday. "The View" aired a taped show on Friday.

On her Web site, O'Donnell posted a scrapbooklike video on Friday with pictures and news clippings of her tenure at "The View." Cyndi Lauper's "Sisters of Avalon" played in the background.

A day earlier, she posted messages on her Web site indicating she might not be back.

"When painting there is a point u must step away from the canvas as the work is done," she wrote. "Any more would take away."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press

avaitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good riddance.
jarjar23
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, she was the one that actually made The View show interesting, LOL. Execs are prolly REALLY upset because the show gained HUGELY in ratings because of Rosie being on there. It's a shame, cause the fight she had with Elisabeth will be what she's remembered for on that show.
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one for colorful on screen language, but I have to say...I do think she made The View more interesting. I hadn't even heard of the program until I saw she was on it.

Personally, I find Elizabeth to be very annoying. The one time I watched a viewing of the show [the one Rose MGowan was guest hosting Tire la langue ], I couldn't help but be overly annoyed with her.

I also find Trump to be atrocious. I'd side with Rosie over him any day. It would be highly unfavorable to ever consider even like the man on any grounds. He's just--wrong. Te Apprentice is off limits for viewing in this household.

I probably won't be viewing The View anytime soon. I saw on TVGuide.com that they were considering Nancy Grace as a new co-host, and apparently--if they chose that route--they'd be losing viewers. I seriously believe the popularity timeframe of this show has come to a close.
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
SSJ_Jup81

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch The View (I've only seen maybe a couple of eps since I work), but I personally found Rosie to be annoying with the way she seems tobe trying to take over the show.
jadeflower82 wrote:
I also find Trump to be atrocious. I'd side with Rosie over him any day. It would be highly unfavorable to ever consider even like the man on any grounds. He's just--wrong. Te Apprentice is off limits for viewing in this household.
That's a bit biased, isn't it? Rosie started the fight with Trump and came across as childish by making fun of him. Her actions just weren't necessary and immature. I don't condone what Trump did either, but he wouldn't have reacted, if Rosie wouldn't have started it. Personally, that incident alone caused me to lose respect for her. As for Trump, I never had much of an opinion on him in the first place.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSJ_Jup81 wrote:
I don't watch The View (I've only seen maybe a couple of eps since I work), but I personally found Rosie to be annoying with the way she seems tobe trying to take over the show.
jadeflower82 wrote:
That's a bit biased, isn't it? Rosie started the fight with Trump and came across as childish by making fun of him. Her actions just weren't necessary and immature. I don't condone what Trump did either, but he wouldn't have reacted, if Rosie wouldn't have started it. Personally, that incident alone caused me to lose respect for her. As for Trump, I never had much of an opinion on him in the first place.

Both apparently are fairly childish in their actions. I guess my grudges with him are as ancient as they come. He's one of the few out in society that I'd never side with, regardless of whose on the opposing end. He lost my respect a long time ago. But then--there are a lot in the media/etc that have headed that way, or are borderline, it's just scary. I can't really stand much with the media and the like these days. A lot of media circuses out there Pfff

I'm just very, very odd.
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Television All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: