RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Trouble staying logged in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Trouble staying logged in Reply with quote

I always check the "log me in automatically" box, but almost every time I visit the board now, I get logged off. Now I wasn't too pissed about it until just now. I was logged on and I was browsing three threads in the Nickelodedon forum, I clicked on a link back to the forum and was immediately logged out. Anyone else having this problem?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO I usually choose to log in everytime cause my sister comes here often and it bugs her that she has to log me out and log her in all the time.
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had this problem. This happened to anyone else???

avaitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened to me once or twice, but not recently.
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to get this happen to me moreso on boards with Firefox. Are you using Fiefox? Sometimes I get when my browser crashes, it still says that my username is logged in my browser says that I'm not so I have to log in again to log out. It also shows posts are new even when I was the one who posted them. other thing I'm getting is that most of the time when I go to a forum where it says "users browsing this forum:" it says none. It doesn't happen all the time just most of the time. The thing I think that it could be is to do with your cookie or maybe your security settings, which can be a factor. Have you recently changed them? Maybe Mike can help you.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phpBB team is working hard on version 3, this means, version 2 hasn't been updated since many months now. I made some few modification to the program few days ago but these didn't touch the login files.

On this board we have 2 ways to know if a user is connected or not. Guests are "tracked" by a SID. It's a serial number that knows what guests are doing (browsing, posting...). Members do not use SID but cookies. Each time you log on the board, a new cookie is generated. If you do not tick the "log me in automaticaly" this cookie will automaticaly be deleted after few hours (of minutes... I can't remember). If you tick that box, this cookie will never be deleted and you'll always be connected until someone click the "log out" link or if you delete the cookie !

My advices : check if you don't have a program (like an anti virus) that block the website URL, try adding "superyo.nuxit.net" to the safe site (or whatever it's called... tools / options of Internet Explorer), check if the cookie is on your hard drive, check your system date / time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> HQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum