NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Dating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chibikeba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Dating Reply with quote

Does anybody have any tips on...eh, well HOW to date for starters XD;;;

I'm 24 and I've only ever dated one person (which lasted 4 years). Course weíre apart now and I have absolutely no clue how to go about meeting somebody else.

I tried a few online dating services but all I kept getting were people from other countries sending me weird messages like: ďMe want come to your country and make passionate time, build family.Ē And Iím all: ďSorry dude, no green card for you~Ē

Iím thinking about signing up for a local kendo class but I donít know if Iíll meet anybody there (I guess itís worth a try). Even when I meet people though they tend to just think that Iím weird and then they ostracize me. I guess it doesnít help much that I have pretty high standards. I mean Iím okay with cooking and cleaning but I donít want to be someoneís domestic slave. I want to meet someone that would actually have SOME degree of respect for me and wouldnít just view me as an incubator/beer fetcher.

*Sigh* Maybe itís because Iím like that that I canít seem to meet anybody. Maybe I really should look into dating girls O.o

I rambled again, sorry about that. Long story short, Iím female and single and I live in an area where I donít know anybody. And to top it off I really have no family and certainly no blood relatives in the area. Does anybody have any advice on how I could get started?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh I sympathise there. I wish someone would offer me some decent advice also. Mind you my parents have been very good and set standards, but then I think they've made me kind of picky, which I'm wondering if that's bad and need to relax a little or good where I'll get the right person and not someone like you say. Like you I also have high standards and although I live in a town with quite a few people, I don't really know anyone and most of the guys think of a relationship is meeting someone and getting together straight away without any thought. One problem I get and hate is those people (usually work colleagues) playing or trying to play match maker. When they ask me what qualities I'm looking for, I usually tell them unrealistic dreams that I want so it makes it hard or literally impossible for them to find someone who would be unsuitable. This is usually when other girls try to match me up. last place I was with with a load of men and a lot of them were trying to match me up hopelessly, with who they thought would be perfect (what do they know huh). I thought it'd be safer to tell them I'm happy as I am.

As for the dating girls. You remind me of someone my me and my mum knows, who's relationship had just fallen apart when she told my mum that she'd rather move in with another woman instead of getting married again. Someone also told me yesterday that the best things come to those who wait and I've also heard that there's someone for everyone.

One thing I can say is not to rush because I've known people who have and ended up really hurt. But as you've got standards that's good, but it's hard to meet that kind of person you're looking for now.

Anyway. So now I've been agony aunt and domestical advisor. Not bad Fier Bravo.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Dating Reply with quote

chibikeba wrote:

I have absolutely no clue how to go about meeting somebody else.

Join the club. Unless you're thing is hitting bars or you're still in school your in big trouble. The only other way besides pure damn luck is if you're one of those poeple who can walk up to a random person and be able to start a succesful conversation from small talk. Other than that, it's a real crapshoot.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chibikeba : ďMe want come to your country and make passionate time, build family. Do have you card green ?Ē Rire ok ok sorry Tire la langue

I know someone from my familly who found the love by joining a dance club Sourire

Good luck Bravo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idoodley0181 wrote:
Someone also told me yesterday that the best things come to those who wait and I've also heard that there's someone for everyone.

One thing I can say is not to rush because I've known people who have and ended up really hurt. But as you've got standards that's good, but it's hard to meet that kind of person you're looking for now.

Thank you for the advice, I had another good friend tell me the same thing (that I need to be patient and wait instead of getting all antsy about it). So...guess that's what I'll do, I should just focus on doing my comic stuff and if someone comes along I guess...they come along XD But I will of course try to be less of a hermit so that the person that comes along can actually find me Rire

superyo wrote:
I know someone from my familly who found the love by joining a dance club

Yeah I guess clubs and other get togethers are probably the best bet for someone my age (24) and who isn't in school. I really hope that joining the kendo club might open up some opportunities for meeting interesting people. Though knowing my luck they'll all be super self absorbed arrogant show offs XD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chibikeba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Dating Reply with quote

Marching to Mars wrote:
Join the club. Unless you're thing is hitting bars or you're still in school your in big trouble. The only other way besides pure damn luck is if you're one of those poeple who can walk up to a random person and be able to start a succesful conversation from small talk. Other than that, it's a real crapshoot.

Holy crap I just noticed you live in Seattle, that's like 30 mins away from where I live. Small world XD I'm so used to everyone online living either on the other side of the country or in another country altogether.
knoodelhed
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourire Fwiw, my aunt and new uncle met each other at their local Toastmasters chapter. Having a "common interest" which engages your "higher functions" can narrow down the field of possible eligibles to a manageable number. I'd say go ahead and take the kendo class; Asian martial arts for some odd reason (if a good sensei is doing his job) seem to have a way of helping people hammer out "character issues" that they might not be aware of otherwise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a terrible time with dating. Let's just say my whole dating life has pretty much gone down the crapper. Rire I've only been in one real relationship, and that was when I was 17 and it only lasted for three months. (I'm 25 now.) I can always find someone I really like and then start thinking that I may have a chance with them, then I usually find out that they're unavailable. And it also doesn't help that almost every guy who does want to date me is either really weird or is one of the world's biggest jerks.

I almost started crying the other day when I was at work and had to put out baby clothes. I just got really depressed thinking about how much I would love to have a baby of my own to be able to buy stuff like that for, but I'm not the kind of girl who likes to sleep around. I want to do that with someone I love who loves me back and would love the baby, too, and want to help take care of it. Oh well, maybe someday.

I have a friend who's getting married in the fall, though, and I'm being invited to her wedding. If you think about it, weddings are probably great places to meet people, and who knows? If I go I could end up meeting someone really great who might actually be available and not some kind of weirdo or jerk and is just as lonely as I am. I've been told by lots of guys that I'll be a great girlfriend for someone someday, and I hope they're right.

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I'm actually crashing (not really) a co-workers wedding this summer. Haven't been to one in a long time. Lot's of single (and unhappy to be so) people at go to weddings. This could be good for both of us! Rire

jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can offer no advice whatsoever on this in particular. I was too paranoid up to just a couple of years ago to even think of the concept of dating [just think, one who has trouble with posters on a wall staring at oneself, it makes it so hard to even think of dating Clin d'oeil ] With the move in just a couple a months, I'm keeping it low profile until I get out of this state. I don't need a Wisconsinite holding me down when I'm trying to head west. I'll be much happier with a Seattle type anyhow Tire la langue Yup, Seattle. I've noticed a couple posting in this thread are in that locale, and soon I'll be joining y'all there. I have likable family there, so that's where I'll be heading Clin d'oeil

I so hope guys there aren't as---odd-- as the ones are here. I really just don't take to rednecks Clin d'oeil JK
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about wearing a "I'm single looking for a boy" shirt BeverlyHillsChick ? Rire

Good luck Marching to Mars Bravo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: