NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

If you liked MMC (90s version of the Mickey Mouse Club. . .)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: If you liked MMC (90s version of the Mickey Mouse Club. . .) Reply with quote

You won't believe what I found, and I'm buying them!

I was browsing on Amazon, and I found the official MMC CD released waaay back in 1993, as well as an official
MMC DVD! (It says it was released on July 12th, 2005, but where was I? Living in a cave? I don't remember hearing about this.)

I'm so happy about this you can't even imagine it! This was one of my absolute favorite shows as a kid. When I was a kid we didn't get the Disney Channel because it was a pay channel and cost like $16 a month more to get (or so I've read online), so I taped this all the time when we got free previews. Now we get three Disney channels (Disney Channel, Disney Channel, Too, and Jetix, the former Toon Disney), but I rarely watch them because some of the shows are so terrible. (Some are OK, though. Occassionally I'll watch That's So Raven, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, and, when they're on, Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens. Some of the movies are OK, too.)

Disney is a lot like Nick in the fact that the quality of their programming has gone down significantly over the years. (Then again, I probably just think that because I'm older now.) I'm eagerly awaiting the days when there's a classic Nick and classic Disney Channel channel. Until then, DVDs will do. Sourire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the DVD release.The Best Of Britnay,Justin,& Christina,right?
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I just want to know one thing, though: Where was I when this was released? How come I don't remember it? (OK, I lied! That's two things I want to know. Tire la langue )

Anyway, I think they also should've included Keri and JC in the DVD, too. It was kind of a disgrace to them to not include them, actually. They both went on to be just as successful as the other three. Heck, JC was even in NSync with Justin!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
Yeah. I just want to know one thing, though: Where was I when this was released? How come I don't remember it? (OK, I lied! That's two things I want to know. Tire la langue )

Anyway, I think they also should've included Keri and JC in the DVD, too. It was kind of a disgrace to them to not include them, actually. They both went on to be just as successful as the other three. Heck, JC was even in NSync with Justin!

What i can guess from,Disney just doesn't care about this release enough to promote it.

But they did put a sepcial feature on Entertainment Tonight[I think that's the one.]Of Britney about 14 years ago in her home town with the camera men,feeding a young Jamie Lynn,that's the only way i found out about it.
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but you'd thimk they'd want to promote it. With all the success Britney, Justin, Christina, JC & Keri have had, Disney could be laughing all the way to the bank if they promoted this DVD more or even released season sets or even additional "Best Of" DVDs.

I read on Wikipedia that supposedly ABC Family is supposed to "revive" the show and add it to their lineup sometime this year, but that's the only place I've read that at. (I tried looking it up on Google and couldn't find anything other than that.) It'd be a nice, refreshing change for them, but I doubt it'll happen. After all, they'd have to stop airing 16 episodes of Full House a day, and how would we ever survive without that? I'll believe it when I see it. Hum...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
Yeah, but you'd thimk they'd want to promote it. With all the success Britney, Justin, Christina, JC & Keri have had, Disney could be laughing all the way to the bank if they promoted this DVD more or even released season sets or even additional "Best Of" DVDs.

I read on Wikipedia that supposedly ABC Family is supposed to "revive" the show and add it to their lineup sometime this year, but that's the only place I've read that at. (I tried looking it up on Google and couldn't find anything other than that.) It'd be a nice, refreshing change for them, but I doubt it'll happen. After all, they'd have to stop airing 16 episodes of Full House a day, and how would we ever survive without that? I'll believe it when I see it. Hum...

As long as they put less Everwood on, i'm down wth that.
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Everwood Triste
Unfortuntely, Season 4 has never been shown here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
I love Everwood Triste
Unfortuntely, Season 4 has never been shown here.

My sister does, too. Come to think of it, if anything needs to be taken off, let it be Gilmore Girls. It's stll airing and every season is already on DVD.
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the DVD yesterday and I love it! Très content It brought back so many memories!

I laughed so hard I almost cried during the skits on the eps on there. My favorites are the "Everybody's a Winner" and "Chewer's Choice" skits. "Everybody's a Winner" is exceptionally funny. The skit itself is like a parody of Wheel of Fortune. It's three contestants on a game show, and they're given a word with missing letters and they have to figure out what the word is. One of the contestants thinks he's really smart, but he's actually really stupid and gives out wrong answers all the time, one is obssessed with the fact that she's on TV, and the last one is really nervous and can't speak right when he's talked to. In the one I was watching last night, the first word they were given was "L-----n", and they were given the clue "The 16th president of the United States." The really stupid guy popped up and said "Busch!" ROFL Then the host (who was played by Fred Newman, who was also one of the hosts of MMC), said "The name 'Busch' does not begin with the letter L. It has to begin with the letter L." Then he went on to the girl who was obssessed with the fact that she was on TV, and she couldn't answer. All she kept saying was how she wanted to say hi to people in her family. So he moved on to the next guy, who was so nervous he couldn't even answer. So they were given another clue, and this time the all of the letters but one were filled in. (It was "Linco_n.") The still couldn't get it. So they moved on to the bonus round, and the word was "C-t." They still couldn't get that, either, and at that time the host was going crazy because they couldn't figure out the answers. LOL

The second one was an ad for "Chewer's Choice", a brand of chewing gum. They parodied the ads for Taster's Choice coffee from the early 80s.

It was also nice to see Britney look normal. She had hair, actually wore clothes, and didn't have implants! She was actually pretty! There's also a clip about her on one of the episodes and it shows her with a very young Jamie Lynn.

It's a great DVD. Sourire If you don't have it yet, I reccommend it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Television All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: