NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

I Got a Car!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: I Got a Car!!! Reply with quote

Yep, I got my permit on Wednesday and my mom bought a new car on the same day, so that means the old Taurus is mine Très content

It's a 1995 Ford Taurus Station Wagon. With a little work it'll look really cool, though Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool Sourire Congrats for your driving licence Tire la langue

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear! Très content Be safe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, when I got my provisional and eventually told my parents I'd started taking my lessons, I think they were trying to advise me against it. there was never any chance of them buying me a car, they said they'd feel really bad if they did and I then had an accident. That's confidence for you! There was also no way that my dad was going to give me lessons in his car either Hum.... My sister-in-law did however last year give me hers, but it was too late and I couldn't afford any tests or lessons.

Anyway congratulations and be careful.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. Sourire

I need new tires on my car. Hum... There goes $600 easy! Triste I just finally gpt approved to get a Sears credit card on Sunday, so guess what my first purchase will be on that card once I get it in the mail? Hum...

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHC, be very careful. I learnt a painful lesson from buying on credit, so be very careful.

The board waffler!!
Star
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exciting, congratulations!! Très content
BeverlyHillsChick
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've almost got my new tires paid for. Sourire I went and had my taxes prepared today and I've got a total of $651 coming my way for my returns. Très content $523 for federal (I've never had that much before! Surpris ) and $128 for state, which is $4 more than what I had last year. That'll pay for my tires and then some! Now all I have to worry about is the cost of installation and I just have to wait for the money to go into my checking account.

This is a huge relief for me, for two reasons. 1.) I haven't gotten anything back from my federal taxes for three years. I've actually had to pay in. 2.) Even though I planned on charging everything, I was still worried about where all the money would come from. Now when I get my credit card bill I can just pay it off all at once or just make two payments if I have to.

I couldn't believe it when I left the office this morning. I was so happy I felt like jumping up and down and screaming and hugging the guy who prepared my taxes for me, then I realized that'd be kinda weird and ackward. Rire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my license a year ago November. I'm so happy cause I can drive on my own and go wherever I want to. Sourire Now I just have to figure out a way to get my own car. Rire
Cpt_Zim83
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome. Cool A little advise, never bring home a drunk friend in a brand new car. Tire la langue This one time I was bringing home a friend from the bar on a Friday night and load and be hold, he felt sick. I'll leave it up to your imagion to what happened next.
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eww Embarassé

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rire

Ya know what's cool is I could've had a car just like the one Brandon Walsh (Jason Priestley) drove in 90210: A black '65 Mustang convertible. My dad had one of those and he sold it before I was born. Triste He told me if he still had it he would've given it to me. Triste Thanks, Dad! Triste

My car's a '96 Beretta, and it's also a really cool car. Très content According to a magazine article I read about Berettas, they're basically the Corvette's "little cousin". They were made to be "family" sports cars in the fact that they're powerful cars, but not quite as powerful as the Corvette and Camaro. It was also the official pace car of the Indy 500 way back in 1990. (I would love to get one of the Beretta pace car convertibles, which were modeled after the pace car used in the Indy 500 in 1990, but few of those ever made it to production due to quality control issues.)

Now I'm in debt, though, as I just put new tires and bushings on my Beretta and got a front end alignment on it just the other day. It cost $595 and I had to charge it. Hum... I should be getting my tax returns back soon, though, so when I get those back I'm paying off my credit card bill.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can drive now, Hihey... wow, I feel old hehe. Hope you enjoy your new vehicle!

(P.S. sorry for my insanely long absence from Nickdisk)

idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah wrote:
(P.S. sorry for my insanely long absence from Nickdisk)

*Glares at sarah* ...And so you should be Rire, only to then say welcome back don't let it be as long next time.

I got asked by two people today who have been driving for years how old I am and if I can drive. I told them I couldn't. They also were both saying about how cheep it was then for them and how expensive and much it's changed now.

The board waffler!!
michalegruber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good news to have a new car which helps you in your work and even in business also. It is very important to know about how to maintain it so that it gives good result for long time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: