RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

American Dragon: Jake Long canceled

View previous topic :: View next topic  
princesteve
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: American Dragon: Jake Long canceled Reply with quote

Disney Channel has decided not to renew American Dragon: Jake Long for a 3rd season. This is sad news, this was one of my favorite show.

While it is no Avatar, it was still a pretty good show. 52 episodes, is a good run. 65 episodes would have been better. I hope Jake and Rose end up together.

http://amdrag.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_amdrag_archive.html

It is a shame a good show like AmDrag is canceled, yet other crappy Disney Channel shows stay on the air. I found a couple of sites, that can help us save the show, like Kim Possible was saved.

http://savedisneyshows.org/adjl/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaveJakeLong

As this news spreads, I am sure other AmDrag sites (this show had many fan sites) will organise petition to save the show.

There is pettion to save the show. Sign it and let Disney Channel know they are making a mistake.

http://www.petitiononline.com/svamdrag/petition.html

avaitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleure Pleure Pleure Pleure Pleure
wowrashmi
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did participate in the petition but I have no idea what you mean by "other crappy D.C shows"
avaitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wowrashmi wrote:
I did participate in the petition but I have no idea what you mean by "other crappy D.C shows"

The Replacements
That's So Raven[Seasons 3&4]
Naturally,Sadie[On Nick in the UK]
princesteve
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wowrashmi wrote:

My intention was not to badmouth other shows. My thought was it is a shame it got canceled, and maybe I went to far with the while other shows are on the air. My point is simple, the American Dragon: Jake Long, is one of their better shows, didn't deserve to be canceled, and leave it at that.

I am not trying to get other Disney Channel shows taken off the air, I couldn't care less. Just bring back AmDrag, that is all I want.

Zimfan101
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't hurt me, but YES! I have never liked that show at all. Especially with all the slang. Then again, I hate disney channel as a whole. Hannah Montana needs to Disapear (sp?)! I'm sorry, but I'm just sad that Lilo and Stitch was finished.

wowrashmi
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilo & Stitch, now dat wazz *%.

Disney Channel have been a rolllll last year....... creating HSM, CG2, D.C Games and Hannah Montana, whether u hate dem or not u have to admit that it has been one successful year.....although the clip package of the finalness of '06 really sucked ass and it was even more funny as here Naturally Sadie never aired on D.C and they rolled a clip of that well a -2 sec one anyway,---bad editin ahhh tell ya!
Cpt_Zim83
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go figure, it's like they get a show that's really good and then they say, "Hey, lets replace it with a really stupid show."

Feu

The truth is, money talks. Lets say that a rich producer wants his show on DC, but there's no room. All he or she has to do is wave some money in Disney's face and "BOOM!", a new crappy show and the end of a good one.
princesteve
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out the reason AmDrag was not ordered another season, combination of ego and greed on behalf of Disney Channel. AmDrag was one of their top 5 rated shows, surpasing ratings that Kim Possible got in its prime.

And when I say top 5 rated shows, that included the live action shows, so it is probably number 1 or number 2 animated shows on the channel. Which is why it is so miffed by this. I like you, have seen my share of shows I like, get canceled, because of low ratings.

Season 2 was also much more successful in the ratings than in season 1. (no thanks to the timeslots Disney Channel gave it, before giving it a prime time slot at the beginning of season 2) Still quality wise, season 2 was much better than season 1 in my opinion, and many fans opinions. (despite some complaints about the new animation) If the show ended after season 1, they could justify it more. Though I would have hated for it to end with the cliffhanger episode "The Hunted".

The reason they did not order a a 3rd season, despite the audience possitive reaction, Disney Channel fought with the executives producers over creative stuff, told them two of the fans favorite episodes this season, "The Academy" and "Breakout" were failures, even though those episodes were some of the highest rated episodes the series ever got.

They don't like the story arcs, serious storylines of the Jake / Rose episodes, argueagly the most popular aspect of the show.

Disney Channel is saying, we don't care if the audience likes it, if we don't like it, that is all that matters.

Also greed, Disney could just rerun the show, get good ratings, and not have to pay for production, or deal with the executive producers, who has given them nothing but success. Which is the same thing they tried to do to Kim Possible.

I am 90% sure it got better ratings than Emperor's New School that got a second season order. (once again, nothing against ENS)

Is it just me, or shows that are successful, and gaining fans, don't get canceled.

Thank god Avatar is not on Disney Channel, or "Crossroads Of Destiny" could have been the series finale.

I found this info from a Yahoo group dedicated to saving this and other Disney shows from premmature cancelation. They have knowledge on these things. http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SaveJakeLong/

You need to register to read it.

The offical site to save this show is up.

http://savedisneyshows.org/adjl/

princesteve
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimfan101 wrote:
Please don't hurt me, but YES! I have never liked that show at all. Especially with all the slang. Then again, I hate disney channel as a whole. Hannah Montana needs to Disapear (sp?)! I'm sorry, but I'm just sad that Lilo and Stitch was finished.

Different strokes for different folks my friend. I also found the slang and trashtalking annoying. But they did tong it down in season 2.

pinkfairyprincess01

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Jake long terribly!!! I hate to watch the Disney channel it sucks so bad I like a couple of the djr shows but the teen shows r stupid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: