RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Crocodile Hunter's last show completed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Crocodile Hunter's last show completed Reply with quote

I still think this will be really hard for many people to watch but I bet it will be the highest rated when it airs. Triste I won't be able to watch it though but I don't know if i could.

[quote]
"Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin's final program is complete, but the show about the sea's deadliest creatures will not include footage from the day he was killed by a stingray, his manager said Saturday.

Irwin died Sept. 4, minutes after a poisonous barb from a stingray's tail pierced his chest while he was snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef in northern Australia shooting footage for two projects, including one titled "Ocean's Deadliest."

Irwin's final moments were caught on video tape, and were used in a police investigation and coroner's examination of the death.

The original tape was returned to Irwin's widow, Terri, and all copies were destroyed, Queensland state Coroner Michael Barnes said earlier this week.

Terri Irwin and close family friend and Irwin's manager John Stainton, one of few to have seen the footage, have both said it will never be shown publicly.

Stainton on Saturday said "Ocean's Deadliest" had been completed in line with Irwin's contract with the Discovery Channel, and would be shown for the first time in the U.S. on Jan. 21.

The show includes footage taken in the week and days before Irwin's death.

"Anything to do with the day that he died, that film is not available," Stainton said.

Finishing the program together was especially difficult because of Irwin's death, Stainton said.

"The documentary was commissioned, we finished it and it's going to air," Stainton said. "It's been a long and arduous saga ... an emotionally charged time to do an edit on a documentary that did have a deadline, and we did have to honor the deadline," he said.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.
[quote]
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't watch it. One, I can't, I'm not American, and two, too much like a funeral for me.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Television All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: