NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: avatar does not rock Reply with quote

AVATAR:First of all i think Avatar does not rock becuz it tries to copy Naruto the best anime ever. Like fire nation water nation wind and the rock thing try to copy naruto just like the villages of leaf,sound,mist,sand etc. also avatar is not an anime i dont know why people are saying that. And ang tries to copy how when naruto gets mad he turns to ninetails fox and that girl from the fire nation tries to copy hyuuga neji by disabling the persons chi so they cant do bending. But hyuuga neji disables there chakra so they cant use jutsus (pernounces jitsu) The End.PS: that monster on the episode when ang goes to the spirit world and he meets that one bear yeah....it tried to look like that hallow from Bleach on the beginning of the show.

I hate Kappa Mikey because its so stupid and wanna be so funny but its not....its so dumb and its not even a anime. Anime means Japanese cartoon but kappa mikey is made by some loon and also avatar.and i hate how they make fun of anime becuze kappa mikey is just hating and crap on anime. and they dont even move there mouth right. that cartoon is crap. shuriken school is not cool too and its a wanna be naruto also.of course naruto will kill off shuriken school and they cant even pronounce shurkien right. and the english naruto sucks by the way
and also avatar dont even fight they throw stuff at each other huhahahahaha and its true

Heres a clip of naruto for you noobs link is below

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kJyvr0i3yp4
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admins, Something tells me we have a new spammer here...
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was so useless that I didn't want to close it Sourire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Dude... Reply with quote

It's okay to not like a show, but you don't need to bash it at a place where there ARE Avatar fans.

P.S. You should take the link out, it's copyright. Clin d'oeil

I've had my say... La Binocle

Signature and icon by Pianist. Thanks!

richie rich

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lololol i love this thread!!
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your point is what?

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be expecting things like that from richie rich, he's been doing that since the first paintball thread. He reminds me very much of somebody from the old Nickdisk.

Back on topic, Guest raised some valid points, but this is the wrong place for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marching to Mars
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie rich wrote:
lololol i love this thread!!

I bet you do, it's not the only thing you have in common... Pfff

Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying he made the thread? If so, figures... Pfff
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chibikeba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's sometimes nice to see an alternate viewpoint to a show, though I think guest's post would've been considered had they tried to use at least SOME tact.

I know nothing about Avatar or Naruto but I wouldn't be surprised if Avatar does rip off Naruto. Wouldn't be the first time the Americans ripped off an anime, Kimba The White Lion and Nadia - Secret of Blue Water come to mind Tire la langue

Not that it justifies it mind you, just rambling.

And as far as American cartoons being considered anime, that's just due to ignorance about the origins of the show. Nothing can really change that. I used to get so annoyed by people claiming that Teen Titans is an anime when you can even tell by just looking at the style that it clearly isn't. When the mouth flaps match the voice that's a clear indicator it was made for the English language XD

There were even some people who thought Invader Zim was an anime, should've been a dead give away that it's an American cartoon O.O (Or at least made by a dysfunctionally hilarious Mexican guy who lives in America Rire ).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
azumanga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chibikeba wrote:

And as far as American cartoons being considered anime, that's just due to ignorance about the origins of the show.

In Japan, "anime" refers to all animation, whether it's produced in Japan or not (in other words, for instance, "The Simpsons" is "anime"). Those outside of Japan (western countries like the US in particular) use "anime" to refer exclusively to Japanese animation, made in Japan.
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chibikeba wrote:
Well it's sometimes nice to see an alternate viewpoint to a show, though I think guest's post would've been considered had they tried to use at least SOME tact...

I agree with that. The problem is that this thread is like the 3rd or so started by this person, with the very same topic and same contents, in different parts of this forum. For example, this is what this person said (and what some of us answered) in the Entertainment forum:

http://superyo.nuxit.net/nickdisk/avatar_does_not_rock-878.htm

And this is the original thread in the Nickelodeon forum. Notice that it was started in October:

http://superyo.nuxit.net/nickdisk/avatar_does_not_rock_also_kappa_mikey-872.htm

So yeah, I agree he / she has the right to not like the shows, but Guest has said exactly the same thing for at least three times. And since he / she only copied the same message over and over again and never added anything new to it, that's why I said that this thread was the work of a wannabe spammer.
Hihey9989
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound rude, but my bets are on richie_rich.
chibikeba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azumanga wrote:
chibikeba wrote:

And as far as American cartoons being considered anime, that's just due to ignorance about the origins of the show.

In Japan, "anime" refers to all animation, whether it's produced in Japan or not (in other words, for instance, "The Simpsons" is "anime"). Those outside of Japan (western countries like the US in particular) use "anime" to refer exclusively to Japanese animation, made in Japan.

Well aware, I lived in Japan for 2 years. Like you said anime is a term westerners use to refer to Japanese animation specifically. Most of the kids referring to Teen Titans for example as "anime" say so believing the show was originally in Japanese and then translated/dubbed into English for American viewers.

mike2000 wrote:
So yeah, I agree he / she has the right to not like the shows, but Guest has said exactly the same thing for at least three times. And since he / she only copied the same message over and over again and never added anything new to it, that's why I said that this thread was the work of a wannabe spammer.

I see I see Tire la langue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> Nickelodeon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: