NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

British Parliament - Who needs 'em?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: British Parliament - Who needs 'em? Reply with quote

Scotland are badly treated by the English-dominated Government of London. When the Scots wanted independence in '79, the majority said yes. The Government said "Oh look, not enough people have voted no. Sorry, old chaps."

Scotland, Wales and the Commonwealfth could at least be able to stand for themselves in government. Democracy in New Zealand for example, is really just the Governor-General saying "Ooh, look, a bill for independance, where is the paper shredder?"

The MPs are really all just embarrassed because the head of state, Queen Elizabeth II, is German...and Scottish! The Winsdor family decend from George V, who changed his name from Wettin to Windsor, who decended from Victoria, who was related to the Hannovers, who were cousins and decendents of...the Sturats, who were Scottish. As Terry Deary put it, "Scotland rules England, OK".

Well, not OK for the PM, who insists on insisting he's in charge. (He is). In the way we are now, in an American dominated, war run world, I'd rather have my head lopped off for saying Prince Charles has big ears.

I say the people of Britain should overthrow the Government and restore monarchy power. Oh, and force Charles to abicate. That would actually be better. Think about that.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's probably much more bother than its worth at the moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: