NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Don't you just hate it when that happens Grrr!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Don't you just hate it when that happens Grrr! Reply with quote

I bought two Poloroid Instant cameras a while back, one of was a special limited edition and the other was just reduced due to damaged packaging. Well lo and behold I was looking on the internet to see about films for two instant cameras I bought second hand today (another Polaroid which is an older model that you can longer buy and a Fuji) and can get films for both of them as the older model takes the same film as the current model, but the films for the two Polaroids I already are no longer manufactured. I now can't sell nor pass them on to anyone unless there's anyway of getting hold of films, but I might be able to get rid of the limited ed as it is also a radio. Why do a limited ed though if you are not going to have the films available for much longer afterwards. And another thing why did I waste the film on useless images when I first got the camera.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you just hate it when that happens Grrr! Reply with quote

idoodley0181 wrote:
... Why do a limited ed though if you are not going to have the films available for much longer afterwards.

"Limited editions" are usually nothing but clever marketing stunts to get rid of unsold, often discontinued or soon to be discontinued inventories... Triste
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Don't you just hate it when that happens Grrr! Reply with quote

My question would be "why buying a polaroid these days ?". I mean most camera are numeric Sourire

Mike2000 wrote:
"Limited editions" are usually nothing but clever marketing stunts to get rid of unsold, often discontinued or soon to be discontinued inventories... Triste

That always woks Clin d'oeil

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I wanted an instant one and they were cheeper than the current model and also because I am such an impulsive buyer. I had problems at one time due to that being one of the main reasons. Another thing I found out recently is that APS films are being phased out and it's getting harder to find those films. That's annoyed me even moreso than not being able to get the Polaroid films because I still very much use my APS camera. It's my pride and joy more than my digital camera because you don't have to change the battery that often and I have been able to get the battery it takes very cheep and have about three spare ones and also the photos are still cheeper to get store developed. Maybe that should be my queue to try and flog it, but I just can't part with yet. And as for buying polaroid if I find a digi camera by them cheep enough I might consider buying one.

The board waffler!!
azumanga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idoodley0181 wrote:
...I still very much use my APS camera. It's my pride and joy more than my digital camera because you don't have to change the battery that often and I have been able to get the battery it takes very cheep...

I have a digital camera myself that I use regularly. If you'tre talking about the type of battery, it takes two ordinary alkaline AAs, instead of the more-expensive, fancy batteries. And the best part of the digital camera is that you can delete "bloopers" on the fly, instead of them being a wasted shot.

For cameras, once you go digital, you can never turn back. After I gotten used to my digital camera, I Goodwilled my old 35mm model.
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, the amount of times I wasted a film through trying to get them developed after having not loaded them properly. That's really annoying when you go on holiday, take about one or two films of lovely memorable shots, get back home, rush the films to the nearest developers, get all excited, go to pick them up only to be told "sorry there was something wrong with the film as there wasn't anything on it" ConfusedhuhSurpris embarassed Choqué TristeLarmePleureFouFeu well you get it. I still have about two or three old 35mm cameras and only used my last one to use the remainder of the film in it up. I don't even think that I will be able to sell any of them, but I could always see if a charity shop might be able to though.

The board waffler!!
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azumanga wrote:
(...) once you go digital, you can never turn back (...)

That is so true ! Sourire

I used my old analog camera a long time but film and develloping was really expensive... especially if you have made some mistakes Triste

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: