NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Someone hurt my feelings today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Someone hurt my feelings today Reply with quote

I have my own LiveJournal (link) and I use it mostly to talk about Winx Club. I also converse with one partiuclar Winx fan by email. She runs a community for Winx fans, but she won't let me be part of it.

But that's not the main reason I feel hurt today. Today, I wanted to discuss about a particular plot arc. She told me, "Stop emailing me. You're wasting my time." It's because she told me a few days ago that I should stop dredging up old topics, and this was an old topic. She told me to stop bothering with her.

Pleure

And there's more to this story than just getting dissed by my e-penpal of sorts... it involves a podcast I make as well. Check this out.[/url]

tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, ok...

Let's give some useful advices. First, if she doesn't want you to bring old topics, don't do it... start a new one and write what you have to Sourire

Why did she tell you you bothered her ? Maybe someone hurted her the same ? She may had a bad day or something. Try to send her a nice mail and apologies about the threads bumping Sourire

Good luck Sourire

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superyo wrote:
wow, ok...

Let's give some useful advices. First, if she doesn't want you to bring old topics, don't do it... start a new one and write what you have to Sourire

Why did she tell you you bothered her ? Maybe someone hurted her the same ? She may had a bad day or something. Try to send her a nice mail and apologies about the threads bumping Sourire

Good luck Sourire

I think the reason she felt bothered was because she told me this the day before:

Quote:
As for improvement, well, you could learn to let things go. Dredging up old topics constantly gets really, really boring. Just let things die. And you could try not baiting me. Sometimes it's like you're deliberately trying to piss me off, which is never a good idea. I have a feeling I'm one of the only people that talks to you, so why would you want to make me angry? I get the feeling that you're "not good with friendships" like Layla would say. Shouldn't that make you want to be better at them and not antagonize the few people who speak to you?

The next day, I found a few old messages about a particular plot arc. I happened to have new thoughts on them, and I sent her my new thoughts. She called me an ass, and told me to stop emailing her. I asked if I could still use her opinions in my podcast, and she said I should stop doing that too (edited for language):

Quote:
Actually, I'd rather you not use me for some font of quotes either. Don't bother with me anymore at all. I'm sick and tired of wasting my time on a stupid jerk who can't be bothered to take anyone's advice seriously and is apparently completely unable to learn from his mistakes. You have a serious amount of growing up to do. Go get a job. It'll give you something else to focus on and make you grow the heck up.

I've already sent her an email apology saying basically, "Eh, I'll just let things die. Sorry."

She still hasn't replied. I don't think that she'd even accept an apology from me (for all I know, she's probably filtering out my messages). Maybe I should stop talking to her for a month or so?

Bosco
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, screw her, if she was of any importance or in a position of power, and valued it, she wouldn't have flew off the handle like that. And if she was some pompus hoidy toidy jerk then screw her, let her miss out on whatever you wanted to disscuss.

Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prob is, I don't want to screw her over.

It might be hard for you to understand why I don't, but I've developed a bond of sorts over her for the last 9 months or so. She went from being reasonably nice to me to being mean to me in the space of less than a week, and I want to keep our friendship going. I know we've had some rough spots, but I'm interested in Winx like she is. I just want to be on her good side again.

Besides, I want to be part of her community again, too.

Bosco
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiderBraids wrote:
Prob is, I don't want to screw her over.

It might be hard for you to understand why I don't, but I've developed a bond of sorts over her for the last 9 months or so. She went from being reasonably nice to me to being mean to me in the space of less than a week, and I want to keep our friendship going. I know we've had some rough spots, but I'm interested in Winx like she is. I just want to be on her good side again.

Besides, I want to be part of her community again, too.

Yeah I see what you mean, well I would go with the "sorry" e-mail thing, and I think you said you already did that, so I would probly just sit back and move on. Because you've done veryhting that you can, it's not up to you anymore it's up to this woman.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand how you feel but unfortunately, if she decided that you shouldn't be a part of her community, I don't know what you can do Triste

Maybe wait few days for a answer by mail ?

On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, just remember that people can and do grow apart. She might've been really interested in Winx Club at first, but maybe now she's got a new interest. It happens. It's happened to me before, and I'm sure it's happened to everyone else reading this.

I just wouldn't worry about it too much. Clin d'oeil
SpiderBraids
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeverlyHillsChick wrote:
Also, just remember that people can and do grow apart. She might've been really interested in Winx Club at first, but maybe now she's got a new interest. It happens. It's happened to me before, and I'm sure it's happened to everyone else reading this.

I just wouldn't worry about it too much. Clin d'oeil

She definitely still has an interest in Winx Club, judging from her posts at Toon Zone. (Which is where I source her quotes for my podcast.)

This poster wishes he lived near Buffalo, NY (where she lives), just so he can drop by her house someday and apologize. As things stand, though, I might end up having to email her from my secondary account to her secondary account. But I'll wait a week and let things die down first.

superyo
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't send her another email too fast Clin d'oeil

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superyo wrote:
Don't send her another email too fast Clin d'oeil

Actually, I'm not too sure if she'll even receive my mails again at all. For all I know, she probably filtered out my apology to her, and all other emails from my addy.

I feel a lot like this girl here:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: