NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

Autism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottoman
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Autism Reply with quote

Just wanted you all to know that about me. I'm sharing it with you all, because it has only made me stronger, and has led me to a better life. I'm done ranting for now. Très content Rire

Thanks to all that supported my site for 7 years, I hope to see you at my site, rocketpowerheat.tripod.com! Sourire Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that. Ideal with a mental state involving medicating for the rest of my life.

A little something called bipolar. It took me foprever to adjust, but I'm pretty well settled. It helped me with a lot, it helped me realize that thing's aren't as messed up as I thought. I gained an open mind and perseption of the world around me as a result.

It helped me see past flaws and see people for who they are based on their actions rather than trivial things like outer appearance and status ( kind of brings the phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover").

And, even though it meant I was mentally handicapped, I felt better about things.

Its the ones who see through different eyes wqho make the world better. Sourire
~Mara

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mike2000
On Fire
On Fire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha to that, cuzzes! Sourire

I was diagnosed with diabetes a little over a year ago, and I'm still trying to adjust to that. It has changed several things in my life, but the hardest thing to grasp was the fact that I will have to take medication for the rest of my life.
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to say it dosen't m,ake you any different.

La Binocle is upset at all those who discriminate you guys!
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Luckily* I don't have any personal (i.e. me) experience with disabilities, although a relative had a severe type of autism and unfortunately died at the end of last year Triste

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triste.

My dad works in the care sector where some of his clients have Autism. My brother has been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. He was assessed and my mum was told that he has a similar IQ to Einstein, but that it's a shame that he didn't get involved in any field of work or further his education to put it into practice. I believe I heard somewhere that Einstein was Autistic and a couple of other famous people. I can't remember if I heard that Bill Gates is but I believe it is him who I heard is. I watched a documentry about a young man who has possibly the worlds greatist memory. He can learn any new language and speak fluently in just under a week. He's also very out going and sociable and interested in other people, which is sometimes not a character of autistic people. Researshers were trying to figure out why his memory was so great. Someone asked his mother questions like what he was when he was younger and she said that he was a loner and repetative and did things a set way. It was believed that this person is Autistic, but managed to break away somehow. They have found him as a key to their research into autism because he has described things he sees like shapes and figures, which other people wouldn't see. That's how he remembers things like numbers.

Aparently it was believed until recently that it was only boys that suffered from it, but now there's more and more cases of girls being diagnosed as sufferers.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
ottoman
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
*Luckily* I don't have any personal (i.e. me) experience with disabilities, although a relative had a severe type of autism and unfortunately died at the end of last year Triste

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he's in a better place now. Triste

Thanks to all that supported my site for 7 years, I hope to see you at my site, rocketpowerheat.tripod.com! Sourire Très content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when I thought I was reletivly safe, I learn Autisim can kill you.

I'm sorry to hear that.
ottoman
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommy_baby wrote:
Just when I thought I was reletivly safe, I learn Autisim can kill you.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm not exactly sure about that fact. I've heard most people with autism can live an average life span, which is about 70 years.

sarah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - it's a description of someone's social abilities - I don't think it alone can kill you. It'd probably be a combination of other things, like neurological problems.

tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew...

I think nows the time to say "You're not the only one" to0 ottoman.

Sourire
pink fairy princess
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I have a disability too I am severe adhd and I cant focus on anything for more than an hour and right now I hate it cos i got a couple books and I wish I could have the attention span to read them! I also know a few ppl in church who are in wheelchairs and I will always remember how much they wanted Jesus in their lives. They wanted to be baptized so bad that they went to this special therapy pool to do it I was so privaliged (sp?) to be able to see them acheive what looked like an impossible thing Sourire I'll always remember that :)and I also have panic attacks from time to time if I am in a room with too many people and it is crowding around.and I still color Sourire

When you can liveforever what do you laugh at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: