NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index NickDisk Reloaded
Welcome to the new new NickDisk board

RegisterRegister
FAQFAQ SearchSearch Log inLog in
Nickdisk Reloaded fanart galleriesNickdisk Reloaded fanart galleries

The silly/simple things we love/hate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: The silly/simple things we love/hate. Reply with quote

What silly/simple things do you like/love and dislike/hate? For example I love the smell of new carpets but I absolutely hate the smell of sesame oil.

I love the cold winters because you can pile on loads of extra clothes, sit by a cozy fire and watch a good film in a darkened room. You can snuggle under a load of blankets in bed. If it snows you can build a snowman provided you have enough snow and I think snow covered ground is just so picturesque.

I don't really like the summers because they tend to be to hot, you can only take so many clothes off. This summer was certainly no exception. Nights are uncomfortable and so you can't sleep which makes you really tired and irretable. You get insects particularly loads of flies and so that brings the spiders out of hiding. If there's no cloud then it gets quite sunny which because my eyes are sensitive they hurt and they also seem to burn. Also I sweat which if I have sunscreen on it gets into my eyes making them sting. I also get sunburnt even if it's cold. You sometimes get droughts, where everywhere is dry. Then there's the thunderstorms, which I find are worse over night.

I'm not keen on some spiders because they are just creepy. I don't mind the tiny ones, but there's a particular kind I really don't like.

The board waffler!!
Don't take me too seriously Clin d'oeil
jadeflower82
Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple likes:
-how well the new kit has bonded to me (she's on my lap as I type)
-how Fuzzy seems to tolerate her better then the one we babysat for my sis.
-listening to a good tune or having late night marathons of Charmed eps on DVD
-good memories and keeps sakes from loved ones who've passed on
-getting something in the mail I've been waiting a while for
-dark violent videogames with a lot of depth to the plot

Dislikes:
-anything Spongebob (his laugh puts my nerves on edge)
-trashy romance shows taking over the airwaves
-when I'm writing or drawing the kit thinks the nencil is a toy, or the big hairball thinks it's the best time to take a nap on my work
-when I keep getting interruptions when I'm in the middle of either writing a staory or doing some sketching. I've lost concept ideas for stories because of that Fou
-loud abrupt noises or interrputions of thought that startle me (my mom seems to be in a habit of doing this)

That's it; for now Clin d'oeil
~Mara Cool

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
DesperateEmo
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like ugly people.

Or tapwater.
tommy_baby
Eruption
Eruption

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like pre-1970 trains, I hate, loathe, dispise, dislike, disgust and distrust post-1970 trains. Except XPT's, 125's, 225's and the TGV.

I like winter. I hate, loathe, dispise, dislike, disgust and distrust hot days.

I like history, but I hate, loathe, dispise, dislike, disgust and distrust school! Très content

Recovering n00b. Seriously, what was I on in 2006-8?
idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesperateEmo wrote:
I don't like ugly people.

Or tapwater.

I can't hardly ever drink tap water and only do so as a last resort. Although I do drink it if it's filtered quite often, but not straight from the tap.

Er, what's wrong with ugly people Pleure?

Oh I love or did at one time love the smell of coffee until I got sick of it, but have always hated the taste of it.

I hate the taste of a little bit too much salt/sugar (yay I'm healthy...ISH)

tommy_baby, I absolutely hated school and my favourite day was the day after I collected my exam certificates, that knowing I never ever would have to set foot in that place again. I don't think I'm going to the reunion, but then I might have changed my mind by then.

The board waffler!!
RR_Raptor65
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate post-1960 firearms, especially if they have aluminum/plastic/fiberglass on them.

Hate elitists, but like humble artists no matter how bad their work is.

Hate brass imported from asia, its horrible!

Hate unoriginal MMORPGS, they are all copies of an already horrid game.

See above for Strategy games aswell...

Hate greedy publishers. Love developers with original ideas and good execution.

Click here to see a list of all my currently released Dinosaur models
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love - the smell of coffee Sourire
Hate - the (after)taste of coffee

Love - discovering cool stuff before other people when it isn't popular
Hate - starting trends Triste

(And I like tapwater - ours is usually fine. Though we found out in geography that the further south you go, the worse it gets. Yay north!)

Love - visiting obscure countries that nobody else knows exists (Yay Luxembourg!)
Hate - hot summer days

There's loads more Sourire

Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like waking up early. I don't like nicknames. I love to hate songs, and love liking hated songs. I enjoy confusing people. I am in love with sarcasm. I like the floor Très content I don't like buzzing noises. I don't like the taste of tea when I make it. I refuse to watch and listen to commercials, yet end up liking those that are genius or simply ridiculous. I haven't replaced the batteries in my clock for 3 weeks now, I don't know if I ever will. I don't like the word nosebleed... bleurgh. I like babbling and going off-topic.

idoodley0181
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearbear wrote:
Love - discovering cool stuff before other people when it isn't popular
Hate - starting trends Triste

(And I like tapwater - ours is usually fine. Though we found out in geography that the further south you go, the worse it gets. Yay north!)

Triste I'm at the other end of the ladder, where I am the last to discover cool trends, but I am improving and getting better.

I live in the East and what I've heard is the hardest water in England. And you can really tell everytime you fill a kettle and the bottom is all covered in limescale. We had a large Urn one place I worked and it the water wasn't coming out. A repair man came to clean it and he filled a large box full of scale/limescale. It worked better after but it wasn't long before the urn was firred again. Oh I also heard that they had to add flouride or something because people were getting tetanous (lock jaw).

The board waffler!!
Rebekah 10
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like: Drawing and Writing stories that i come up with on my own
Dislike: Tapwater. We have one of those filter jugs and it makes it so much better.

bearbear wrote:

Ya when I was in Michigan the tap water was horrible. At the school and at myAunt and Uncle's came directly from a well so it tasted awful like some kind or Iron, and at the school by the end of the day it had stained everything water touched Yellow it was horrible Embarassé
bearbear
Unchained
Unchained

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water in New Jersey was awful - so soft and tepid it didn't quench thirst at all.

Good Enough
Good Enough

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water in Buffalo, NY when I lived there was kind of....gross, but then Lake Erie was fairly close by, so that might be the reason Rire

Love--music, hate--when the CD player takes on a life of it own (Within the last 24 hours the downstairs CD system turned itself on when nobody was obviously around and I was elsewhere doing other tasks. Sppoky CD Plyer Confused Rire )

Love--getting compliments on my artwork, hate---having one in a crowd of many find something immoral about it that no other sees

Love--technology, hate--setting it up for operation Clin d'oeil

Love--the word remember, hate--trying to spell the word "remember", I mess it up everytime, even though I've known it's correct spelling since grade school. I just can't seem to type it right. Maybe this keyboard doesn't like that word in particular Rire
~Mara Cool

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDisk Reloaded Forum Index -> The Outside World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: