Joined: 28 Dec 2012
|Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:16 pm Post subject: Manjaro 0.8.3 Ditches GNOME 3.6 and Adopts Cinnamon
|Manjaro, a Linux Distribution based on well-tested snapshots of the Arch Linux repositories and 100% compatible with Arch, is now at version 0.8.3.
According to the developers, the core system has been upgraded to boost performance and responsiveness, resulting in even faster startup, shutdown, and operational speeds.
They also decided to no longer provide a GNOME flavour or use the Gnome Display Manager (GDM). The Cinnamon desktop environment will be used, along with LXDM.
GNOME 3.6 and GDM are still available in Manjaro's repositories and can be downloaded by anyone who wants to used them.
Even without GNOME, Manjaro 0.9.3 still comes with a large assortment of other flavors, including XFCE 4.10, KDE 4.9.4, Cinnamon 1.6.7, Mate 1.4.2, and Net-Edition (no DE pre-installed).
Highlights of Manjaro 0.8.3:
• The Manjaro Greenbird theme has been improved;
• The Manjaro Hardware Detection Tool has been upgraded and now comes with multi-extramodules support;
• Patches and fixes have been developed for the latest software packages, such as Xorg-Server 1.13;
• A new user-friendly LibreOffice installer was added to the distribution;
• All software package lists have been optimized;
• The CLI installer has been improved further with enhanced EFI support and now features a more reliable installation method;
• Gnome System Tools has been added;
• Mesa has been updated to versio 9.0.1;
• Readahead has been disabled;
• GDM has been replaced with LXDM for the Cinnamon Release;
• Pulse Audio – and its related un-mute bug – has been removed and replaced with ALSA in our XFCE Release;
• A keyboard layout bug has been fixed;
• The GRUB configuration bug has been fixed;
• Nvida-Legacy has been added.
• Catalyst-Legacy has been removed;
• The applications in the official repositories have been updated to newer versions.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
property consultants in london